Opposed Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposed Rolls

I need a little help with a couple of Opposed Rolls rule questions please.

1. Book reads the 'acting character gets trait roll first including spending Bennies' then reads 'defender rolls next and must meet or exceed the that result', does the defender also get to use bennies or because they win on a tie they don't?
    I'm assuming they can use bennies as well but I want to be certain.

2. Last sentence in Opposed Rolls reads 'the winner also uses opponent's total for purpose of determining raise effects'. I'm not clear at all what this means and would appreciate an example of play if possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by SkeeterRoyal View Post
    1. Book reads the 'acting character gets trait roll first including spending Bennies' then reads 'defender rolls next and must meet or exceed the that result', does the defender also get to use bennies or because they win on a tie they don't?
    I'm assuming they can use bennies as well but I want to be certain.
    They can use Bennies. The reason one side establishes first is to avoid a "Benny war," just going back and forth spending them.

2. Last sentence in Opposed Rolls reads 'the winner also uses opponent's total for purpose of determining raise effects'. I'm not clear at all what this means and would appreciate an example of play if possible.
    Basically, this is just a reminder that a Raise equals 4 higher than the target number. So if the loser in the contest generated a 7, the winner would need an 11 to get a raise.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
    X