Linked Weapons (total dice pool)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked Weapons (total dice pool)

Just looking for a clarification. On page 82 of SWADE with respect to the Example under Linked Weapons. The example states:

“A pilot with d8 Shooting in a Spitfire (8x machine-guns, RoF 3) rolls 3d8 for each wing, adding +2 to his Shooting total and +4 damage to those rounds that hit.”

Assuming the pilot has the Steady Hands edge… I have two questions:

1. I'm a little hung up on “each wing.” Are 8 guns forced to fire in separate linked groups instead of all at once?

2.Which leads me to the shooting dice pool/multiaction penalties. What would the total number of dice be for shooting all 8 guns at the same time (both wings with one action)? I take it to mean a shooting dice pool of 6d8+2 rolled at once (two sets of quad-linked guns 3d8+3d8)? Or would shooting all 8 guns count as a multiaction penalty and require two actions since there are two quad-link blocks? The first action rolled at 3d8+2 (-2 for multiaction) for Wing 1 quad-linked block then on the second action another 3d8+2 (-2 for multiaction) for the block of guns in Wing 2?

1. I'm a little hung up on “each wing.” Are 8 guns forced to fire in separate linked groups instead of all at once?
    The "each wing" reference is assuming that your guns are quad linked. Then they are fired four at a time, each as one action. You can't fire "all 8" guns at once, unless they're quad linked, and then it would be two actions.

2.Which leads me to the shooting dice pool/multiaction penalties. What would the total number of dice be for shooting all 8 guns at the same time (both wings with one action)? I take it to mean a shooting dice pool of 6d8+2 rolled at once (two sets of quad-linked guns 3d8+3d8)? Or would shooting all 8 guns count as a multiaction penalty and require two actions since there are two quad-link blocks? The first action rolled at 3d8+2 (-2 for multiaction) for Wing 1 quad-linked block then on the second action another 3d8+2 (-2 for multiaction) for the block of guns in Wing 2?[/FONT]
    The second scenario is correct here (3d8+2 each side, with a –2 Multi-Action), then add +4 to each damage roll.

Comment

Working...
    X