Damaged Weapons in a linked set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Weapons in a linked set

With regards to a vehicle with six linked guns (for example a WWII P-51 Mustang)... What happens when guns of a linked set start getting damaged (critical hits destroying an on board weapon)? What do the rolls look like for the other guns still able to fire and linked?

My thoughts are below starting with six linked guns and going down to only one gun firing. Is this correct and if not what would it look like?

6 guns linked = 3 sets of shooting dice at +1 to hit +2 to damage (60 bullets used)
    5 guns linked = cannot link 5... no effect.
    4 guns linked = 1 set of shooting dice at +2 to hit and +4 to damage (40 bullets used)
    3 guns linked = again no effect cannot link triple guns as per the rules.
    2 guns linked = 1 set of shooting dice at +1 to hit +2 to damage (20 bullets used)
    1 gun = fired as normal with no bonuses

The 4 guns linked seems to be sort of an odd... almost out of place, but I still put it in the example. Eight linked guns going down to 1 non-linked gun has that same type of bonus oddity when you get to six guns.

Is my above example correct or does something different happen? What would be the official ruling?

Thank you for any insight.

Guns can only be dual- or quad-linked. So theres no 3-, 5-, or 6-links.

In the case of the Mustang, you can link 4 and 2 or 2, 2, and 2. When one gets taken out, you need to readjust the way they're linked. So if you have a quad-linked set and lose one, you can fire the remaining as a single and a dual.

Comment

Working...
    X