Zombie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Questions

If a character casting Zombie uses the Shorting rules and is able to create 2 permanent Zombies does this allow him to have zombies without reduction to his maximum power points total?

Likewise: On a critical failure all of a characters active powers collapse. If a Necromancer with a half dozen zombies made using the permanent modifier rolls a critical failure do his zombies fail with his other spells, or does the permanent modifier make it like an instant effect exempt from critical failures?
    My thinking is they remain as killing the Necromancer would still let them remain, but this has come up in combat multiple times already in my games.

Q: If a character casting Zombie uses the Shorting rules and is able to create 2 permanent Zombies does this allow him to have zombies without reduction to his maximum power points total?

A: The permanent zombies reduce the maximum PP as normal, so even if the zombies were created by Shorting, the PP cost of the zombies just wouldn't recharge until the zombies are dismissed.

Q: Likewise: On a critical failure all of a characters active powers collapse. If a Necromancer with a half dozen zombies made using the permanent modifier rolls a critical failure do his zombies fail with his other spells, or does the permanent modifier make it like an instant effect exempt from critical failures?
    My thinking is they remain as killing the Necromancer would still let them remain, but this has come up in combat multiple times already in my games.

A: The zombies would fail because even though the zombies have a permanent duration, they're still the result of an active power, which is why they take up PP.

Comment

Working...
    X