X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ndreare
    Registered Member
    • Aug 2017

Custom Iconic Framework Races using Intelligent Construct

I want to use the Intelligent Construct for creating custom supernatural races and truly living beings.

This would be a major change that would remove all the following abilities; Construct, Inorganic, Wanted (Major) and Malfunction. They would still keep outsider, however the definition would change to closer fit the Dragon. This option would be added to Cognito, ergo sum

For this change I think it could be balanced as a 2 build points as follows.

Organic Being (+2): You think there fore you are, the character is a truly living being. The being is indeed alive, may access PPE and ISP, and may take related Arcane Backgrounds or edges. Perhaps it is a genetically engineered superhero, a supernatural creature from another dimension, or a demon from the pits of hell. The being is not inorganic and loses the following abilities and hindrances; Construct, Inorganic, Core Directive, Wanted (Major) and Malfunction.

Does this ability seem balanced in cost, game breaking, or fine as is?

PS: I know this is outside the bound of how the framework was designed, but currently there is no framework for custom superheroes, or supernatural beings and I think we need one. I do not want MARS, or reskinned dragons, I want the real diversity of a racial iconic framework that can be built upon until a true option is provided and I feel the IC Framework is perfect for the effect.
    Last edited by Ndreare; 07-01-2020, 06:06 PM.
  • Radecliffe
    Banned
    • Aug 2017

Don't forget Core Directive unless you plan on all races having a major vow/pacifist/ect.

Comment

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, fixed.
      I feel like the Construct is worth about 6 points or so, and the loss of limitations is worth about 6, so the +2 edges worth of build points balances the increased range of options.

• Radecliffe
      Radecliffe commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, officially Construct is worth 8 points as a racial ability. That's probably the value used to balance the base intelligent construct.

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      I know they officially say it is worth 8, but I feel like it is overpriced for what you actually experience in game. That is why I overpaid for the upgrade.
  • dentris
    Registered Member
    • Aug 2017

Here's the baseline I used to translate powerful RCC, but no powerful enough to warrant their own IF.

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...s-a-t-u-r-n-if

Comment

• pkitty
      pkitty commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was going to suggest this. The S.A.T.U.R.N. framework is basically the perfect way to handle characters who are 80% "incredibly powerful race" and 20% life experience.
  • Radecliffe
    Banned
    • Aug 2017

As to whether it would be game breaking or not my initial impression is it wouldn't be any more so than the existing intelligent construct framework so depending on your experience with it YMMV.

Comment

• Venatus Vinco
      Registered Member
      • Aug 2017

I like the concept in general, better than having to play-it-by-ear for every RCC-type conversion.

Does this interface with Race Creation Rules?
      Can points be used to purchase Racial Abilities? Can points be offset by Racial Negatives?

VV

Comment

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        I was originally thinking not. But @Tribe_of_One has a good idea bellow. To pay double. I can think of supernatural beings that ignoring gas may be appropriate in some situations.
    • Tribe of One
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

I think it's fine. I'd probably also add in language prohibiting them from taking any of the optional complications except for Weakness, and ban a few of the other features like external weapon mounts.

I'd make Racial Abilities from SWADE available, on 1-for-1 basis (which means they're overpaying, as IC construction points are worth an Edge instead of half an Edge).

Then I'd give them standard starting gear and 1 or 2 HJ rolls, to make up for not being able to snag extra points via Complications.

Comment

Working...