Powers in vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powers in vehicles

I feel like this is in the rules or has been answered, but I can't find it. So you are "cut-off" from the arcane in power armor, but what about being inside a sealed vehicle (or robot armor)? Are those with arcane backgrounds also cut-off completely like in power armor, are they allowed to use powers, but only affect themselves or others inside that same vehicle, or can they use powers and interact with the outside world as normal?

This came up when a character wanted to use Energy Control to create a LBT field of half damage (metal) and park the vehicle within it. I just wasn't sure if someone inside the sealed vehicle could create the field, or if they needed to not be sealed up inside to use their powers.

Originally posted by armanird View Post
    I feel like this is in the rules or has been answered, but I can't find it. So you are "cut-off" from the arcane in power armor, but what about being inside a sealed vehicle (or robot armor)? Are those with arcane backgrounds also cut-off completely like in power armor, are they allowed to use powers, but only affect themselves or others inside that same vehicle, or can they use powers and interact with the outside world as normal?

This came up when a character wanted to use Energy Control to create a LBT field of half damage (metal) and park the vehicle within it. I just wasn't sure if someone inside the sealed vehicle could create the field, or if they needed to not be sealed up inside to use their powers.
    Some powers can be used within robot armor/vehicles, but yeah, primarily to affect those within. Check the Magic vs. Tech: Specific Cases section of the Game Master's Handbook for info on that. Generally though, if the armor or vehicle is sealed, then the character within is cut off as well. Course, they could open a hatch or door, but if there's a threat outside, that's a risk.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X