Multiple arcane backgrounds? (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple arcane backgrounds? (again)

I asked my GM (and fellow players) if my character could have a second different arcane background then the one of my iconic framework. After looking at both the Savage World rulebook and the Savage Rifts rulebook we could not find a rule excluding this so we worked it out for my character. (Just as a clarification, the second arcane background is a simple one from the Savage World rulebook, none of the special iconic framework's abilities link to it. As both used PPE the second AB did not give me additional PPE, I needed to get an additional skill for it and if any edge became relevant to AB, I have to select witch one they affect.)

Later, going through this forum I find this answer to someone else asking a similar question from PEGClint: "No character other than the Mystic or Dragon can have more than one AB. It's a very special feature of their Iconic Frameworks."

So my question is, where is this rule that a character (unless Mystic or Dragon) cannot have multiple background? What rule did we miss?

Thank you for clarifying this for us!

Originally posted by RPGVince View Post
    I asked my GM (and fellow players) if my character could have a second different arcane background then the one of my iconic framework. After looking at both the Savage World rulebook and the Savage Rifts rulebook we could not find a rule excluding this so we worked it out for my character. (Just as a clarification, the second arcane background is a simple one from the Savage World rulebook, none of the special iconic framework's abilities link to it. As both used PPE the second AB did not give me additional PPE, I needed to get an additional skill for it and if any edge became relevant to AB, I have to select witch one they affect.)

Later, going through this forum I find this answer to someone else asking a similar question from PEGClint: "No character other than the Mystic or Dragon can have more than one AB. It's a very special feature of their Iconic Frameworks."

So my question is, where is this rule that a character (unless Mystic or Dragon) cannot have multiple background? What rule did we miss?
    In the core rulebook at the introduction to Edges, "Unless an Edge specifically says otherwise, it may only be selected once."

Arcane Background is a single Edge, so it can only be taken once. If it could be taken multiple times for different types, then it would say so as noted above. Like Trademark Weapon for example, "A hero can take this Edge multiple times, applying it to a different weapon each time."

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X