Legendary Edges at Race Creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary Edges at Race Creation

I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to this. Is it possible for a race to take legendary edges? Also, how does the professional edge interact with character creation? The text seems to imply the trait would just become a certain value (i.e d12+1).

Originally posted by NoJuice View Post
    I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to this. Is it possible for a race to take legendary edges?
    Maybe if the GM allows it, but there's really no Legendary Edge which fits a Racial Ability. And even more unlikely to allow an Edge which duplicates an existing Racial Ability. For example, Toughness adds +1 to Toughness, so taking Tough as Nails as an Edge wouldn't make sense.

Originally posted by NoJuice View Post
    Also, how does the professional edge interact with character creation? The text seems to imply the trait would just become a certain value (i.e d12+1).
    Same as above. There is already a Racial Ability to increase Attributes or gain a bonus with a skill, so an Edge which specifically increases a d12 to d12+1 is redundant.

And nope, it would not simply make the Trait a d12+1 unless it was already a d12. The Edge requires a d12 in the Trait to increase it to a d12+1. As a racial Edge, it would simply increase a lower Trait the same one step such as making a d4 a d6. The only difference would be making the possible maximum from advances a d12+1, but there again, the Attribute Increase ability already does that.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X