Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further Clarification on Blaster Edges

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Further Clarification on Blaster Edges

    I don't seem to be able to edit my previous post, so I'll make another one.

    Does the Blaster Edge improve the Burster's Fiery Aura at all? It seems it would go from 3d6 to 3d8. If so, does it also affect the additional melee damage granted by Fiery Aura, bumping it from +1d6 to +1d8?

    Does the Blaster Edge improve the Dragon Flaming Scales Edge? Would a Master Blaster Dragon Hatchling with Dragon Flaming Scales deal 3d12 with its fiery aura and +3d12 on melee attacks?

    Blaster says "Armor Piercing grants an extra +1 AP." Is that total, or for each instance of Armor Piercing added to a power? For example, a Bolt with +3pp spent on armor piercing and +2pp to activate Blaster, would it deal 2d8 AP 7, or 2d8 AP 9?

  • #2
    Hi koiulpoi,

    Thanks for the follow-up questions!

    Originally posted by koiulpoi View Post
    Does the Blaster Edge improve the Burster's Fiery Aura at all? It seems it would go from 3d6 to 3d8.
    No, since Fiery Aura is a special ability and technically not the damage field power, nor is it activated using a Mega Power Modifier.
    To gain an increase to Fiery Aura damage a Burster should instead take the Improved Fiery Aura Edge.


    ​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by koiulpoi View Post
    If so, does it also affect the additional melee damage granted by Fiery Aura, bumping it from +1d6 to +1d8?
    No, but Improved Fiery Aura should increase the damage. Please see this thread:
    https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...lectrical-aura


    ​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by koiulpoi View Post
    Does the Blaster Edge improve the Dragon Flaming Scales Edge? Would a Master Blaster Dragon Hatchling with Dragon Flaming Scales deal 3d12 with its fiery aura and +3d12 on melee attacks?
    Nope. Dragon Flaming Scales is a special ability granted by an Iconic Edge, it is not the activation of an Arcane Background based power, therefore the Blaster Edges do not apply.


    ​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by koiulpoi View Post
    Blaster says "Armor Piercing grants an extra +1 AP." Is that total, or for each instance of Armor Piercing added to a power? For example, a Bolt with +3pp spent on armor piercing and +2pp to activate Blaster, would it deal 2d8 AP 7, or 2d8 AP 9?
    For each instance that AP is applied to the power activation. In your example, the bolt would deal 9 AP.

    This means that a caster with the Master Blaster Edge can toss around some serious damage.



    Sean Owen Roberson
    Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

    Comment

    Working...
    X