Interaction between Bolt and Blaster edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interaction between Bolt and Blaster edges

Okay, I think this is just a quirk of the Savage Worlds rules-as-written, but I just wanted to make sure.

Greater Bolt uses similar text to Bolt, and says:
    GREATER BOLT (+4): The bolt causes 4d6 Mega Damage (5d6 with a raise).
    The Blaster edge says:
    BLASTER (+2): When using at least one Mega Power Modifier in conjunction with the blast, bolt, burst, or damage field powers increase the damage dice from d6 to d8. Armor Piercing grants an extra +1 AP.
    Normally, I would rule that a Mega Bolt + Blaster would deal 4d8 Mega Damage, and 4d8+1d6 Mega Damage on a Raise, because I had always assumed that listing of raise damage was just a reiteration of the Bonus Damage rule on p.94 of Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.

However, this has gotten me confused as to how this actually interacts. If someone got a Raise on a Mega Bolt + Blaster, would they actually deal 5d8 damage? In other words, does Blaster affect the bonus damage from Bolt (and Blast and Burst), because Bolt/Blast/Burst explicitly lists out the bonus damage as part of the power?

Originally posted by koiulpoi View Post
    I had always assumed that listing of raise damage was just a reiteration of the Bonus Damage rule on p.94 of Savage Worlds Adventure Edition...does Blaster affect the bonus damage from Bolt (and Blast and Burst), because Bolt/Blast/Burst explicitly lists out the bonus damage as part of the power?
    No, the Blaster Edges have no effect on the Bonus Damage die gained from a raise.

Please see this core rules answer:
    https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...rst-on-a-raise
    Last edited by PEGRoberson; 03-27-2020, 09:31 PM.
    Sean Owen Roberson
    Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

Working...
    X