Breaking things in savage rifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking things in savage rifts

Is there a different list for the hardness of rifts objects? Things like boom guns jet packs and TW death machines don't seem to be covered in the core SWADE book lol.

Well, the only list is the one in the SWADE core book.

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...bject-hardness

As to breaking something like a Boom Gun it's largely up to the GM. Hardness should be around 12-15 IMO but only MD weapons can damage it. The only thing I'm not clear on is if AP counts as part of damage. Personally I'd treat hardness as toughness (i.e. AP doesn't count) or else everything will just shatter which is no fun IMO.

Comment

I see there are a few examples in the Savage Foes of North America book you can use as a baseline. The UAR-1 Shoulder Cluster has a Hardness of 18. The slaver barge has a hardness of 20 and a Slaver Net Gun Net has a hardness of 12. All MDC of course.

Comment

• paladin2019
        paladin2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only the sensor cluster is really a thing to break. The barge Hardness is the Hardness of its forcefield (barrier Power) and regenerates on the slaver's turn. The net gun Hardness is the Hardness of the net it shoots and the requirement to cut it off rather than bursting it with a -4 Str roll.

• Radecliffe
        Radecliffe commented
        Editing a comment
        paladin2019 Thank you I am well aware. However, the OP was asking about the hardness of objects in Rifts and I was just trying to provide examples. I'm not sure how that isn't clear but I guess I'll try harder next time.
        Last edited by Radecliffe; 03-23-2021, 04:23 AM.

Originally posted by 0datdude0 View Post
      Is there a different list for the hardness of rifts objects? Things like boom guns jet packs and TW death machines don't seem to be covered in the core SWADE book lol.
      There isn't just as most objects in SWADE don't have a listed Hardness. GMs will need to use their best judgment, but I would suggest adding at least 2 to 4 Hardness for objects made of "Mega Damage" materials.
      Sean Owen Roberson
      Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

Working...
      X