Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rule change for Juicers calling Blaze of Glory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule change for Juicers calling Blaze of Glory?

Is the rule from the Deluxe edition of Savage Rifts® that allows Juicers to call Blaze of Glory at any time regardless of having taken damage not in effect in the Adventure Edition version?

I don't see any need to change the way Blaze of Glory works for a Juicer or any other character. Something has to trigger a Blaze of Glory. In SWADE it is very easy for a Juicer to spend all their Burn if they choose to which will in turn allow the Juicer to go out in a Blaze of Glory.

What I think should change is that the edges Burn Faster and Burn Past the Pain should be Juicer core abilities rather than edges. Spending burn is, by design, a VERY limited ability and spending an advance on an edge the character can literally use less than 10 times seems punitive to me. If the devs want an extra cost they can always require using a benny to use one of these abilities.

Comment

• Radecliffe
      Radecliffe commented
      Editing a comment
      I would submit that enslaving an one angelic being means you're already corrupted while it's not the act of summoning a demonic being but rather the interaction with one where it attempts to strike some Faustian bargain for you soul. My post is probably not the best forum to a discussion on Shifters, however.

• PEGRoberson
      PEGRoberson commented
      Editing a comment
      Ndreare feel free to start a post on Shifter Corruption with your suggestions on how to improve the Complication's wording or mechanics.

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      @PEGRoberson
      I will see if I can come up with something constructive or intelligent to present in feedback. My own house rule was simply removing it and saying the Corruption is a role-play element and the negative persuasion modifiers for those that know you are a shifter.

So I have not thought deeply on it for many months. Maybe I can chat it up a bit with Freemage and Venatus Vinco who both tend to be more measured in their initial responses.

I'm planning on updating this in errata in the near future. Draft wording for consideration:
    ...Juicers on Last Call may choose to go out in a Blaze of Glory at any time—if they do their Burn Rating becomes zero and they roll a d12 Burn Die (see Setting Rules on page 115)...
    This would clarify that any Juicer with 3 or less Burn Die (i.e. on Last Call) could go Blaze of Glory. Sound good?
    Sean Owen Roberson
    Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the wording works, but where will it fit. The book is so tight already.

Radecliffe interesting suggestion as usual regarding Burn Past the Pain and Burn for Tomorrow. I probably won't errata anything, but I could definitely see that being a Setting Rule.
    Sean Owen Roberson
    Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

Working...
    X