X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEGRoberson
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Brown View Post
    Can Dragon Juicers take the Power Points Edge? They don't have an Arcane Background, so RAW would say no.
    RAW is a no. See @Radecliffe's response for a more flexible approach.

Leave a comment:

• PEGRoberson
    commented on 's reply
    Great point Radecliffe. Extra Bennies are also much more flexible.

• Joe Brown
    commented on 's reply
    I forgot about the Benny = 5PPE Option. RAW says you need an Arcane Background to invoke the Benny/PP trade.

This creates a path, even if it is expensive.

• Radecliffe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gancis View Post
    From the answer I was given during the preview testing. if you take a Race that can undergo the conversion that has an AB integrated into it, then yes. They keep the AB, the power points they start with, but just cannot access any powers.

I guess the other option would be just to take an AB, and realize you're "burning it" (see what I did there) to get access to more power points.

I don't think this is RAW but if a player asked to do this I'd let them after I cautioned them this is a huge waste of resources. For TW purposes 10 PPE should be plenty of power in most circumstances. Using up 2 advances just to get an extra 5 PPE (or more if you spend even more advances) seems a poor uses of resources IMO.

Better options are 1) take Luck and Greater Luck and you have 2 extra bennies to restock PPE (e.g. spend a bennie for 5 PPE) or 2) get a have a TW or enchanted item made that includes an extra reservoir of PPE to use with that item.

Leave a comment:

• Gancis
    replied
    From the answer I was given during the preview testing. if you take a Race that can undergo the conversion that has an AB integrated into it, then yes. They keep the AB, the power points they start with, but just cannot access any powers.

I guess the other option would be just to take an AB, and realize you're "burning it" (see what I did there) to get access to more power points.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Brown
    started a topic Dragon Juicer Power Points

Dragon Juicer Power Points

Can Dragon Juicers take the Power Points Edge? They don't have an Arcane Background, so RAW would say no.
Working...
X