This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Character Sheet Draft

I like the content, but anyone else think it's a little busy for a 1-page sheet?

There's a draft character sheet? Link?

Comment

From the last kick-starter email.

"Beta Test" Savage Rifts Character Sheet

Here is a link to an in-progress version of the updated SWADE character sheet. It isn't finalized or form-fillable, but we wanted to get everyone something to game with ASAP. We are working on this in tandem with the new Archetypes, so please head on over to www.pegforum.com to let us know what you think.

Thanks again for all of your support!
      It was kinda hidden at the bottom.

Comment

I'm having issues with the fonts on my devices (phone, chromebook).

On my phone there simply isn't any text at all. On my Chromebook the font sizes are out of whack, and text is jumbled.

The trade dress look pretty though

Comment

• Deskepticon
          Deskepticon commented
          Editing a comment
          A great mobile PDF reader is XODO. I haven't had any of the problems that other readers gave me (text layer not loading; format issues; object artifacts; etc.)

• broxen
          broxen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Deskepticon, I'll check that out!

• PEGRoberson
          PEGRoberson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Im not sure why Chrome jacks up the fonts, but it does.

The skill text is an utter mess viewing in Chrome -- the skill die is right in the middle of the word.

That aside, I agree that it's cramped and busy. Rifts characters don't fit on one page -- I was hoping to see a slightly updated and optimized two-page design.

Comment

Xodo worked great! I can read it now.

I agree it's a bit much to cram into one page. Making this two pages seems like a fantastic idea.

The small block atop the second column seems underutilized. If it's intended as a place for drawing your character its simply too small. If intended for notes or as visual whitespace, then I feel it's prominence at the top of the page is a design misstep.

I like the trade dress, it's a nice balance between aesthetics and printability, without overpowering the important information: the handwritten content.

Comment

Yeah, looks a hot mess in-browser, but in a separate PDF reader, it looks great.

Comment

The sheet is very comprehensive for a Magic or Psionic Character, I like it.

But for Power Armor/Robot Vehicle there need to be more space for notes & weapons.

You could basically just make 2 different Single Page Character sheets, one for Powers-characters and the other for Mecha/Cyborgs. The Momos will just have to suffer, j/k.

Comment

Originally posted by pkitty View Post
                The skill text is an utter mess viewing in Chrome -- the skill die is right in the middle of the word.

That aside, I agree that it's cramped and busy. Rifts characters don't fit on one page -- I was hoping to see a slightly updated and optimized two-page design.
                Exactly!

Cut the number of lines in Heroes Journey, give that space to powers. Make the Power Armor section into a more generic vehicle/power/robot armor section.

Replace the Charisma box with a 'floating modifier" box, or just remove it for space.

I do like that it has room for ALL the skills, already written out and the ones that start with free d4 already called out. That should stay.

Comment

• PEGRoberson
                  PEGRoberson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Charisma box" just want to understand clearly, what are you referring to specifically?

• operations
                  operations commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The prior edition version of the sheet had the spot for Charisma (actually a hexagon). As it no longer serves a purpose, I used the strikeout function in Acrobat and we use it for a floating modifier.

I think pkitty and I were hoping that you'd just start with the Deluxe version of the character sheet and update that. The idea on the new sheet of listing all the skills and highlighting the ones that start at d4 is really nice and whatever version you work with in the end should keep that.
              Working...
              X