Rules Clarifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Clarifications

I've noticed a few rules that seem vague in the final version; I didn't make a proper list but I'll post them here when I find one from now on.

First up, vehicle fatigue. The sentence reads "Each day of travel requires a...check made at no penalty for the first six hours of travel, and a cumulative -1 penalty per six hours of travel thereafter." Emphasis mine. I see two ways to interpret this:

1. You roll a seperate check for each six hour block within a 24-hour period. For instance, if you run your vehicle for 18 hours within a day, you roll one check at +0, a second at -1, and a third at -2. Failures on the earlier checks make later ones harder or require stopping for repairs.

2. You tally up the number of hours of travel made in a day, then roll a single check. For example, if you run your vehicle for 18 hours, you roll a single check at -2.

I initially read this rule as (1), but the sentence beginning with "Each day of travel" rather than "Every six hours of travel" make me wonder if it's supposed to be (2).

Either way works. I'd go #2 because it fits the definition of FFF better than #1 but using the first method is also perfectly valid IMO.

Comment

each day requires a check
      not check each 6 hours
      I'd do one per day

Comment

Once a day check modified by the number of hours traveled that day.

Comment

I would do number 2.

You drive 18 hours in the day, you roll once at -2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottbert View Post
            I've noticed a few rules that seem vague in the final version; I didn't make a proper list but I'll post them here when I find one from now on.

First up, vehicle fatigue. The sentence reads "Each day of travel requires a...check made at no penalty for the first six hours of travel, and a cumulative -1 penalty per six hours of travel thereafter." Emphasis mine. I see two ways to interpret this:

1. You roll a seperate check for each six hour block within a 24-hour period. For instance, if you run your vehicle for 18 hours within a day, you roll one check at +0, a second at -1, and a third at -2. Failures on the earlier checks make later ones harder or require stopping for repairs.

2. You tally up the number of hours of travel made in a day, then roll a single check. For example, if you run your vehicle for 18 hours, you roll a single check at -2.

I initially read this rule as (1), but the sentence beginning with "Each day of travel" rather than "Every six hours of travel" make me wonder if it's supposed to be (2).
            #2 is the correct reading
            Sean Owen Roberson
            Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• Scottbert
              Scottbert commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the clarification!

So in starting gear, there's an entry: "„NG-S2 Survival Pack: Survival Knife, wooden cross, and wooden stakes"

Does this mean starting gear includes the full contents of an NG-S2 survival pack, plus those three items?

Comment

IIRC that is the case. As I recall in one of the early feedback threads someone pointed out that the Survival Pack used to include a wooden cross and it had gone away. So Sean tacked a cross and stakes onto the starting gear. I guess that was easier than editing it into the survival pack entry. I tried to find the original conversation but it appears to be well hidden. It may be in the typo thread but I could've sworn it was in a feedback thread.

Comment

Yeah we just take it to mean "the NG-S2 includes a cross and a few stakes, negligible weight, negligible cost."

Comment

Mega-Juicers are Unstoppable. Permanently. Until they explode.

Is "Unstoppable" actually a game mechanical effect, or is the only benefit of this Edge that you explode when you die?

While I'm at it, where is Nimble defined actually, I can't find it in any Vehicle sections.

Comment

• Lockheart
                    Lockheart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You'll find both abilities defined on page 68 of the TLPG.

• Scottbert
                    Scottbert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Page 68? The Simvan racial entry? I don't see either ability defined there...

Oh, okay, they're on page 70.
                Working...
                X