Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [A&M] Force Cannon + Heavy Burst

(Page 46 A&M) Force Cannon
    Notes: can only fire Heavy Bursts, which only use one Shot with each attack.

What is a Heavy Burst? Its not in SWADE, TLPG or A&M. (It's also not located in EoH, B&B, TLFM, or GM Handbook.)

I wonder if it's supposed to be Heavy Beam or Heavy Pulse?

Comment

The weapon description says it can only fire heavy bursts and it's the only weapon in any book I can find with this term and the RoF of the weapon is 1. My guess this is a remnant that got overlooked for removal. I also figure it's possible since this is the only fire mode for the weapon whatever heavy burst is baked into the weapon's stats. It is very weird but I'll be surprised if it means anything unless they meant to change it to heavy beam or something and forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Radecliffe View Post
        The weapon description says it can only fire heavy bursts and it's the only weapon in any book I can find with this term and the RoF of the weapon is 1. My guess this is a remnant that got overlooked for removal. I also figure it's possible since this is the only fire mode for the weapon whatever heavy burst is baked into the weapon's stats. It is very weird but I'll be surprised if it means anything unless they meant to change it to heavy beam or something and forgot.
        Heavy Burst only requires RoF 1. And we need to know if that is baked into the basic stats, because there may be an unaccounted for +1 to hit.

Of course, it may also mean the weapon is supposed to have RoF>1 and the note is meant to explain it works like a rail gun.

Comment

• Koshnek
          Koshnek commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much what Rad said. I’m fine if it means something and I’m fine if it’s an artifact of internal revision that didn’t get removed. I’d just like it fixed one way or the other

• paladin2019
          paladin2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Radecliffe
          How do we know it only requires RoF 1? It's not defined ANYWHERE.
          Originally posted by TLPG, p101
          Heavy Pulse: Energy weapons fired in this mode are RoF 1, use three Shots, add +1 to the Shooting roll, +3 to the damage roll, and apply the Snapfire and Mega Damage qualities.
          We know because it doesn't say otherwise. This is definitely a situation where requiring RoF>1 would be spelled out explicitly.

But with Heavy Burst, who knows what they're talking about.

• Radecliffe
          Radecliffe commented
          Editing a comment
          I initially made the same mistake. You are quoting HEAVY PULSE the Pulse Cannon says HEAVY BURST which is also what you stated in your post and is still not defined anywhere and we don't know what RoF this may or may not require if it actually exists at all.

Originally posted by Koshnek View Post
        (Page 46 A&M) Force Cannon
        Notes: can only fire Heavy Bursts, which only use one Shot with each attack.

What is a Heavy Burst? Its not in SWADE, TLPG or A&M. (It's also not located in EoH, B&B, TLFM, or GM Handbook.)
        That was supposed to be Heavy Pulse. My bad. Second errata, thanks!
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

Working...
        X