Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print deadlines? (IE: Can we take a breath?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print deadlines? (IE: Can we take a breath?)

There have been a couple of references in PEGRoberson's comments and the recent email from PEG that sending the books to the printers is imminent. While I appreciate the breathless pace of updates (lots of great changes!) we've been getting since Sean's return to the forums a few days ago, I really hope the intention is not to rush things out in the next couple of days or even weeks. My expectation has been that we'll see at least one more revision of each of the books (we haven't seen the GM's Guide update or the Field Guide at all) and have a chance to comment on them before a print-candidate is ready.

Can we get an idea of the timeline PEG is looking at? I know I, for one, would much rather have a delay receiving my print books than end up with a rushed ruleset.

100% Agree, quality is the most important thing.

Comment

Tribe of OneNdreare Are totally right... Let’s do at least one more revision of each book to get it the best possible place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tribe of One View Post
        There have been a couple of references in PEGRoberson's comments and the recent email from PEG that sending the books to the printers is imminent. While I appreciate the breathless pace of updates (lots of great changes!) we've been getting since Sean's return to the forums a few days ago, I really hope the intention is not to rush things out in the next couple of days or even weeks. My expectation has been that we'll see at least one more revision of each of the books (we haven't seen the GM's Guide update or the Field Guide at all) and have a chance to comment on them before a print-candidate is ready.

Can we get an idea of the timeline PEG is looking at? I know I, for one, would much rather have a delay receiving my print books than end up with a rushed ruleset.
        Hey thanks for asking, and for the compliments. I can't talk about timelines, but I would like to explain that I have essentially taken 4 manuscripts hostage, causing a logjam in the production and internal review chain while I make these updates. That is why I am working constantly on it. Also, Im done with all of my other work and this is my job

Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• PEGRoberson
          PEGRoberson commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not one overworked guy editing all the books at once!

There is a whole team working on these but they are focused on layout and review of the GM's Handbook and Tomorrow Legion Field Manual right now.

Up until now I was extremely busy working on writing new content, art direction, map updates, and converting the reprinted adventures and GM's Screen to SWADE.

Seriously, I am super passionate about Rifts and just want to get as many important updates in as I can while I have the chance. Once I hand these back off to the layout and review team it is much harder to coordinate and make edits.

• PEGRoberson
          PEGRoberson commented
          Editing a comment
          You know, as compared to having them open on my desktop. Thats super easy, barely an inconvenience.

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          I caught that little nod towards screen rant one of my favorite YouTube channels

I'll second OP. Better a polished, finished book than a book that's 2 weeks earlier but has a bunch of errata immediately.

Comment

• Tribe of One
          Tribe of One commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking of the same thing, Matt.

• Wanderingmystic
          Wanderingmystic commented
          Editing a comment
          A few very small bits of errata. I have bought numerous books for pre release or collectors editions that were compleatly unplayable due to the errata. 20 pages for Shadow Run so yeah less than a page I'm quite ok with.

• mattprice516
          mattprice516 commented
          Editing a comment
          Feels like moving the goal posts a bit, heh. I'm "ok" with it as well in the sense that I'm not going on the warpath, I intend to keep supporting Pinnacle, etc - but I would certainly prefer if they had finished the game before they printed it. Got to go pencils down at some point, y'know. That's honest feedback and it's something I hope they do differently for Rifts.

So I can't make any promises but I will see if we can drop at least an updated TLPG very soon. Cheers guys and thanks for the feedback!
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• McSquizzy
          McSquizzy commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty please, with puppy-dog eyes?

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          To be honest just the text is worth getting a preview. That allows us to offer editing advice fix words and see things. There is no point at all sin and it to Simon for something that we're gonna preview and all his hard work will be undone
      Working...
      X