No announcement yet.

Juicer Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished writing up my Hyperion Dragon Juicer so there is that.

Comment

Originally posted by tbone9581 View Post
      Or just give them the unstoppable ability instead of the toughness increase. After a quick reread of it in PR, definitely unstoppable.
      What is the Unstoppable ability?

Comment

• pkitty
        pkitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Still waiting for someone to post a page reference or the text of the ability.

Not really helpful to say "how have you not read that??" y'know.

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        Just use ctrl+F

I think it is under setting rules, and know it is right after Nimble

• Tribe of One
        Tribe of One commented
        Editing a comment
        TLPG p. 69

Originally posted by tbone9581 View Post
      Or just give them the unstoppable ability instead of the toughness increase. After a quick reread of it in PR, definitely unstoppable.
      ***Mega-Juicers are super-soldiers created by combining the powers of the bio-comp nanites with subdermal nanotech relays channeling ambient psychic energy through their body in a loop, turning them into nearly indestructible juggernauts! Mega-Juicers are Unstoppable. Permanently. Until they explode.***

cheers
      Sean Owen Roberson
      Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        So very cool!

• Scottbert
        Scottbert commented
        Editing a comment
        "Mega-Juicers are Unstoppable. Permanently. Until they explode." is some of my favorite rules text ever, up there with any phrase in D&D 3.5 that begins with "an attached weasel..."

• magusrogue
        magusrogue commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it.

I find it a little disappointing that the whole edge boils down to an ability I can't use unless I spend a benny first but if that's the way to go, ok.

Comment

• paladin2019
        paladin2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then why mention Soak rolls at all? Why not just phrase the Trait as a more effective version of the Wounds Cap Setting Rule and say no more than 1 Wound, period?

• Tribe of One
        Tribe of One commented
        Editing a comment
        Because Wounds cap applies BEFORE Soaking. If you don't mention that Soak (if any) happens before Unstoppable, people will try to reduce to 1 Wound, then Soak.

• Radecliffe
        Radecliffe commented
        Editing a comment
        True, if the soak is optional and just has to happen first then it should say something about soak being OPTIONAL.

I HOPE it only works if you spend a Benny first, otherwise it's way too powerful for just an Edge. But let's pull back look at both aspects -- this is a creature ability but also a potential Juicer ability now:

As An Ability

PEGRoberson, can you please be sure to clarify whether this ability requires a soak roll first? My suggestions for each case:

Y: "After rolling to Soak an attack, Unstoppable targets can never suffer more than one Wound from the attack."

N "Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit."

As A Juicer Edge

If the answer is Yes above, then we're good. But if it's No, then I feel that is far too powerful an ability for a single Edge, and you should either (A) drop Burn by 2 to compensate, or (B) change it to "whenever the Mega-Juicer makes a Soak roll, he momentarily gains the Unstoppable ability."

Comment

• PEGRoberson
        PEGRoberson commented
        Editing a comment
        They also lose Burn when taking the Edge.

• pkitty
        pkitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, it sounds like you're saying that the answer to the first bit is "No." Either way, could you please make sure that's clear? Otherwise everyone will have to interpret it and many may guess wrong.

Also, I forgot to post this earlier: Titan Treatment seems off in terms of benefits gained vs. the drawbacks. +1d Strength, +1d Vigor and +2 Size works out to 6 pts under the racial build rules, but they get Big (-2) and their Super Speed is half as effective (-1). That right there takes them down to 3 pts of benefit, which is a little more than a standard Edge but about right for an Iconic Edge (compare to Spit the Seconds). Then they also lose a point of Burn, which I'd value at at least a point or two. I'd be inclined to kick the Strength bonus up to +2d to balance it out.

Comment

• pkitty
        pkitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't a whole 'nother Strength die be OVERcompensating, though? Since +2 Burn = 1 Edge, it seems fair to say that -1 Burn is half an Edge. Thus, the math seems to work out perfectly as it is.

+1d Strength (+2), +1d Vigor (+2), +2 Size (+2), Big (-2), Slower (-1), Less Burn (-1) = 2 points, which is just right.

• Tribe of One
        Tribe of One commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about Freshly Juiced. If that's the case, I'd rather see Speed dropped entirely (or even lose Quick or a level of Agility) to snag a little more Strength -- these guys ought to have Cyborg level Strength.

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        Burn is definitely worth an edge.

Originally posted by pkitty View Post
      I HOPE it only works if you spend a Benny first, otherwise it's way too powerful for just an Edge. But let's pull back look at both aspects -- this is a creature ability but also a potential Juicer ability now:

As An Ability

PEGRoberson, can you please be sure to clarify whether this ability requires a soak roll first? My suggestions for each case:

Y: "After rolling to Soak an attack, Unstoppable targets can never suffer more than one Wound from the attack."

N "Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit."

As A Juicer Edge

If the answer is Yes above, then we're good. But if it's No, then I feel that is far too powerful an ability for a single Edge, and you should either (A) drop Burn by 2 to compensate, or (B) change it to "whenever the Mega-Juicer makes a Soak roll, he momentarily gains the Unstoppable ability."
      pkitty hey apologies I was tired and I didnt catch your point the first time around. I have used your language in Unstoppable. Thanks again that is MUCH clearer!

Unstoppable
      Some beings, by virtue of sheer durability, can absorb massive blows. Unstoppable targets never suffer more than one Wound from a single attack; make any Soak rolls before applying this limit.
      Sean Owen Roberson

Comment

• Radecliffe
        Radecliffe commented
        Editing a comment
        PEGRoberson I'm still confused. Do you need to soak to get the unstoppable benefit or IF you soak you have to do it prior to getting the benefit? I think this is what pkitty was looking for. Is the soak roll mandatory to get the benefit?

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like if you take four wounds and choose not to soak you only take one wound with this unstoppable ability which is just epic! Or if you do drop a benny and soak say 2 wounds of the 4 wounds, you still only take one wound. Love it, and totally which the mega juicer is.

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the cleanest way of eritting it. Well done, my new favorite boss limitation

Originally posted by Tribe of One View Post
      Also, I forgot to post this earlier: Titan Treatment seems off in terms of benefits gained vs. the drawbacks. +1d Strength, +1d Vigor and +2 Size works out to 6 pts under the racial build rules, but they get Big (-2) and their Super Speed is half as effective (-1). That right there takes them down to 3 pts of benefit, which is a little more than a standard Edge but about right for an Iconic Edge (compare to Spit the Seconds). Then they also lose a point of Burn, which I'd value at at least a point or two. I'd be inclined to kick the Strength bonus up to +2d to balance it out.
      Cool this is what I have updated it to. You may notice that I sometimes pull my punches with IFs and complicated Edges, so the community's feedback is extremely appreciated

Titan Treatment
      Requirements: Novice, Juicer
      Titan Juicers are the result of experiments to push the human form to its maximum size. The Titan gains +2 Strength die types and +1 Vigor die type (for a total of +4 and +3 each), and his Size increases by +2—which also gives him a total of +3 Toughness between the Vigor and Size boosts. This all comes at a cost, though.
      The Titan Juicer’s Super Speed increase to Pace is reduced to just Pace 8 running d8, with no Jumping bonus. Additionally, the Titan has his Burn reduced by one, as the transformation ravages his body. Lastly, the Titan Juicer gains the Big Negative Racial Ability. He probably needs to get a new wardrobe, too!
      Sean Owen Roberson

Comment

• Radecliffe
        Radecliffe commented
        Editing a comment
        PEGRoberson, does the Titan Juicer's new super speed of 8 include Fleet Footed or is that added on for a total of 10? Asking for a friend.
    Working...
    X