Juicer Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicer Treatments

I am assuming that a Dragon Juicer counts as a Juicer Treatment, for purposes of whether or not a treatment can be added. By this I mean, you can not be a (for example) Titan Dragon Juicer.

Uh no!

Comment

Annnnd this is another reason to define a dragon juicer as an Edge rather than an IF.

Comment

The juicer edges are modifications of the base juicer while Dragon juicer is a TW alternate process. I don't have a problem with that so long as they tone down the Dragon Juicer some.

Comment

Did I miss something or are the juicer edges not mutually exclusive as written?

Comment

Originally posted by banewood View Post
            Did I miss something or are the juicer edges not mutually exclusive as written?
            On pg 32 All Juicer Upgrade
            Treatments are mutually exclusive.
            A Juicer can only ever have one
            and can never change it.

Comment

• banewood
              banewood commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you

• PEGRoberson
              PEGRoberson commented
              Editing a comment
              Because people will intentionally misinterpret it.

Dragon juicer is its own iconic frame work. The juicer treatment edges list juicer as the required iconic framework.

Comment

• magusrogue
              magusrogue commented
              Editing a comment
              not true. It specifically states he can take iconic juicer Edge's. Including these treatments if that interpretation stays open.

Okay, but can we talk about the Mega-Juicer Treatment edge??

One Edge gives +8 Toughness but -1 Burn. (The bit about exploding is just fun flavor.)

Is that a typo? Or is this just the most unbalanced edge in the system? It makes Whateley Blood ladies (from Deadlands) look fair.

Comment

The +8 toughness may be OP from a built point standpoint but I'll worry about it once I start seeing actual Mega-Juicers running around. Juicers are, to the best of my knowledge, the rarest of characters. Maybe a little OP is needed to save them from extinction.

Not Dragon Juicer level OP though. That's going too far.

Comment

+8 is a little over the top though. I think +6 would be more appropriate. Figure a normal Edge gets you +2, but this is an iconic (and exclusive) edge so we'll push that to +3. Losing a point of Burn kicks it up another Edge's worth, to +5, and the "you blow up" thing, while not a real drawback for a character that's already dead, could bump it up one more if you're being really generous. So, +6.

Comment

• pkitty
                  pkitty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think +4 is MORE than fair.

+2 Toughness for an Edge is already Iconic; no other Edge gives that much Toughness. Losing one point of Burn isn't worth an Edge on its own; that's maybe 1/2 to 2/3 an Edge. So that puts us in the +3ish range, and if you're feeling generous, that's +4.

• ValhallaGH
                  ValhallaGH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  pkitty The Breed Advantage (Tough Breed) Edge provides +2 Toughness.

• pkitty
                  pkitty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  VGH: Didn't catch that, you're right. But it doesn't change my point, that "-1 Burn and you do an awesome 'splosion when you die" is barely worth an extra edge worth of benefit. This is worth somewhere between +3 and +4.

Or just give them the unstoppable ability instead of the toughness increase. After a quick reread of it in PR, definitely unstoppable.
                Last edited by tbone9581; 09-15-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• PEGRoberson
                  PEGRoberson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Done. This edge changed after i wrote it for SWD, then a lot as various SWADE changes happened, then even more as i tidied up weird rules mechanics like when MDC armor does or doesnt stack, etc. This is an awesome suggestion. Thank you.

Originally posted by tbone9581 View Post
                Or just give them the unstoppable ability instead of the toughness increase. After a quick reread of it in PR, definitely unstoppable.
                Ooo. I kind of like that.

Comment

In the original, a Mega-Juicer mostly had an MDC body structure, perhaps that is where they should be going instead of a +8?

The Dragon Juicer probably should be made into a "treatment" like the others. Some of the abilities could be edges that stack on the treatment edge.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanGunhouse View Post
                    In the original, a Mega-Juicer mostly had an MDC body structure, perhaps that is where they should be going instead of a +8?

The Dragon Juicer probably should be made into a "treatment" like the others. Some of the abilities could be edges that stack on the treatment edge.
                    The dragon juicer is a juicer in name only. I would rather they move the dragon juicer further away from a regular juicer (like removing burn) than just make it a treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderingmystic View Post

The dragon juicer is a juicer in name only. I would rather they move the dragon juicer further away from a regular juicer (like removing burn) than just make it a treatment.
                      Yeah, this. And with the PPE and magic stuff, the Dragon Juicer does some things the regular Juicer chassis isn’t really meant to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X