Shaken and MDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaken and MDC

So I was looking through the tesla rangers mini setting and something caught my attention that I didn’t even know was bothering me in Rifts. So in Rifts all mdc things are the same powered armor, mage with protection, foot armor and vehicle. In Tesla rangers, it stats that the robots have heavy armor and that they can be shaken my normal weapons but not wounded. I was thinking for non-vehicles with mdc like Glitter Boys, powered armor, infantry with mdc armor and Magestar with mdc protection that this might be a good rule to represent the damage getting through but the character still getting banged around. It also mirrors how immune creatures like vampires and murder wrath are effected.

salcor

I like it in concept, but am not sure if I like and extra "If -> Then -> Else" clause in the combat flow.

Comment

Interesting concept. I am tending to agree with operations in that "two shakens=one wound" for all but some certain exceptions sounds like it would be confusing. (If I understand you correctly, operations) SWADE (5.2 as of this posting) also has distracted and vulnerable status. These could also be attractive options to play with without having to confuse things.

Comment

• Portentious
        Portentious commented
        Editing a comment
        That's interesting, because the filename of the SWADE I just downloaded is named "SWADE_Savage_Worlds_Adv_Ed_Core_Rules.pdf" with no mention of version. I wonder if we're downloading from the same location.

• ogbendog
        ogbendog commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a note thing on the first page in teh upper left, if you mouseover it, a popup tells you the version

• Portentious
        Portentious commented
        Editing a comment
        ogbendog, that did the trick. Thanks!

So it would be like other immunities, it would only be shaken never a wound. Like hitting a murder wrath a boom gun.

Comment

So if I understand correctly you want to be able to shake a Samson with a laser pistol. No.

I realize this is a somewhat extreme example but this is my point. Tesla Rangers is a VERY different setting from Rifts.

As a house rule, fine but there are too many moving pieces to do this in Rifts.

Comment

• Salcor
          Salcor commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I can see your point.

Originally posted by Salcor View Post
        So I was looking through the tesla rangers mini setting and something caught my attention that I didn’t even know was bothering me in Rifts. So in Rifts all mdc things are the same powered armor, mage with protection, foot armor and vehicle. In Tesla rangers, it stats that the robots have heavy armor and that they can be shaken my normal weapons but not wounded. I was thinking for non-vehicles with mdc like Glitter Boys, powered armor, infantry with mdc armor and Magestar with mdc protection that this might be a good rule to represent the damage getting through but the character still getting banged around. It also mirrors how immune creatures like vampires and murder wrath are effected.

salcor
        You would probably be testing your opponent with Fighting or Shooting. I think thats the SWADE way to do it.

Alternatively, you could support an ally's attacks with the same skill rolls.
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• Scottbert
          Scottbert commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a good point. It's easy to forget that one way to deal with MDC foes is 'make them easier to fight for / support your allies who do mega-damage.' I like the idea of it, though.
      Working...
      X