Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Trappings

Great work on Arcana and Mysticism!

Unique trapping are mentioned as part of the elemental fusionist and later in the Cloud Magic section. However, I don't see any place where these trappings are described.

Are the trappings missing or is this text a pre-SWADE hangover? If trappings are gone, then reference to them should be removed...or power modifiers made in their place.

VV

Well, for the elemental fusionist Lightning and Steam are their unique trappings from what I can tell. Their fusion trapping depending on if if they are a air/earth fusionist or fire/water fusionist. Cloud magic does seem less defined though after Sean's AMA it may be one of those GM decides things.

Comment

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't own the book so this is pure conjecture, but is it possible the reference to "unique Trappings" means they are unique to the fusionist, not necessarily unique to magic in general?
      I.E., a water/fire fusionist can only have steam Trappings.
      Ndreare .

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      SWADE Assumes Lightning is a legit trapping for AB characters. It is mentioned in the base trapping section of SWADE an as a specific example in the Wizard edge. Given as a example trapping for Teleport as well.

If there is no mechanic, trappings should be the product of imagination.

• Radecliffe
      Radecliffe commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as Steam and Lightning go for the EF they are unique in the respect they give bonuses to the caster when used. Other than synergy trappings generally don't do that anymore. Still not sure what's considered unique about Cloud Magic trappings though. Maybe there's something I haven't read yet.

Originally posted by Radecliffe View Post
    Well, for the elemental fusionist Lightning and Steam are their unique trappings from what I can tell. Their fusion trapping depending on if if they are a air/earth fusionist or fire/water fusionist. Cloud magic does seem less defined though after Sean's AMA it may be one of those GM decides things.
    Right. Ahhh...Now I see whats happening. The effects of Fusion trappings are described under Fusion Synergy.

I guess I was expecting to see a list of SWD style trappings: lightning fusion, steam fusion etc.

VV

Comment

So there were cloud magic Trappings when A&M was written for Deluxe. But, most didn't translate well to SWADE and/or were subsumed by new power modifiers. I have changed the text to remove the obsolete references and include a sidebar about Sky Knights that I didn't think we were going to fit. Its late/early so please let me know what you think about this new text:

Cloud Magic is the elegant and alien form of arcane arts practiced by the Lyn-Srial, especially their Sky Knights and Cloudweavers. These famous and highly respected guardian paladins and priests among the clouds are easily put together using the MARS Personal Concept Option in The Tomorrow Legion Player’s Guide and Arcane Background (Miracles).
      Sky Knights should choose the Adept, Champion, and Holy Warrior Edges, and expand from there. Cloudweavers should take Artificer and Healer. Their Trappings and powers should focus on opening one's mind and the study of eldritch aspects of clouds, wind, and sun.
      Sean Owen Roberson
      Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the text but would still love to see some kind of unearthly beauty trapping for the cloud magic. One of its defining aspects was that it was so alien and unfamiliar that it was harder to dispel. So like maybe -1 or maybe -2 if the power was cast with a raise to any attempt to dispel it.

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        tbone9581 perhaps that is an edge that is required for cloud magic.

Cloud Magic
        Requirements: Lynn Srial, Arcane Background Miracles
        You characters can learn Cloud Magic. This unearthly but potent magic is alien to the normal way most casters think of magic and suffers an additional -2 for any effect to dispel.

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure works too.

It's in Arcana and Mysticism.

Comment

• Koshnek
        Koshnek commented
        Editing a comment
        Came here to say this. Couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t post. I was trying to comment, though.

• pkitty
        pkitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Caught that, deleted my comment as it wasn't necessary.
    Working...
    X