TW gear conversion questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW gear conversion questions

Under techno wizard gear conversion, it says that a TW weapon uses ISP/PPE instead of energy or ammo.
    1. It's 2 PP for an ammo clip for a TW ranged weapon or 1 PP for a melee weapon for 5 rounds.
      1. An e-clip runs a melee weapon for a full hour.
      2. An e-clip literally is a full ammo for a Ranged weapon
      3. So why is it that 2 PP is a full e-clip for a gun, but only 1/60th of a clip for a powered melee weapon?
      4. It's also interesting that pistols use a short e-clip and rifles a long one; presumably the short ones hold less energy; shouldn't charging a TW rifle cost more power points?
    2. It says you can convert a weapon to use PP instead of ammo
      1. so, you can have a rail gun that uses PPE or ISP? what is it shooting? I assume telekinetic energy like the TK revolver etc?
        1. For that matter, what do stock TW weapons shoot? The TK revolver "shoots" telekinetic energy. What does the Shard pistol shoot?
        2. Do the Water Pistol and Water rifle require water as well as power points?
      2. What about a TW Missile Launcher?
      3. TW Grenade Launcher?
      4. Can Vehicle weapons be converted to TW?
    3. TK weapons fire, presumably, magic energy. Does the armor from Arcane Resistance edges count against TK weapons?

1.3. Yeah, it's weird. I'm guessing it was a balance choice to make TW weapons feel like they aren't completely better than regular weapons. Also because smite lasts 5 rounds.
    1.4. No because pistol shots use less energy than rifle shots. The amount of energy in the different clip sizes may be different but the magic doesn't seem to care and the number of shots before reloading isn't changed.

2.1. Yes you can. Trapping is determined at creation but telekinetic force, like the TK revolver, is most likely.
    2.1.1. Ice, same as the "iceblast shotgun".
    2.1.2. No. The magic creates the water.
    2.2. Chosen at creation. No generic versions currently exist (except possibly the Fireball Launcher, page 107). Personally, I'd expect exploding balls of Fire, Lighting, and Sound, with some innovator using Acid.
    2.3. See 2.2.
    2.4. Yes. There's even some "standard" TW vehicle weapons on page 103-107.

3. Yes. It's magical damage, so Arcane Resistance and arcane protection would apply.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
      1.4. No because pistol shots use less energy than rifle shots. The amount of energy in the different clip sizes may be different but the magic doesn't seem to care and the number of shots before reloading isn't changed.
      less power should be fewer PPE. simple rule, 2 PP for a rifle clip, 1 for a pistol clip

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
      2.2. Chosen at creation. No generic versions currently exist (except possibly the Fireball Launcher, page 107). Personally, I'd expect exploding balls of Fire, Lighting, and Sound, with some innovator using Acid.
      Oh, didn't even see that table.

Comment

If you look at vehicular TW weapons it is 4 PP per mod which would get expensive fast I'd think. Also, note that both the TK SMG and the TK MG cost more than 2 PP to reload.

Comment

Working...
        X