Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typos and Formatting Errors—PLEASE POST THEM ONLY HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Page 153 of B&B, Cyber-Horsemen of Ixion are listed as having Combat Sense, a no-longer-existent Edge, and are missing the Workhorse Racial Ability for centaurs.

Comment

• Pg 100 TLPG, wilks laser torch says unless otherwise armed

seems odd to add a note unless it was suppose to be unarmed.

Comment

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        The note is redundant if it makes you armed. Melee weapons make you armed. No other weapons have a note like that.
        Last edited by tbone9581; 10-17-2019, 07:18 PM.

• paladin2019
        paladin2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        The note says "unless otherwise considered armed". If you are armed only with the laser torch, you have -1 Parry. If you have something else that also makes you armed and are using the torch, you do not.

If you use a rapier and a laser torch (and have Ambidextrous, natch), you are at +0 Parry without this rule. With it, you are at +1, because you can ignore the torch's -1.
        Last edited by paladin2019; 10-17-2019, 09:49 PM.

• PEGRoberson
        PEGRoberson commented
        Editing a comment
        correct paladin2019

• I'm looking at the common weapons table on pg 43 of Empires of Humanity and it seems some of these average weapons are somewhat below average and I don't know if that's on purpose or if they just got overlooked.

Pulse Laser Rifle: No reference to Heavy Pulse ability.

Plasma Rifle: Has Snapfire quality. Only the heavier Plasma Rifles have Snapfire. This results in a weapon with less damage, less shots and more restrictive firing than the E-4 in the TLPG. I can see less damage and shots but this thing is lighter than the E-4 so not sure what the motive is for including Snapfire. It seems a step too far IMHO.

Comment

• PEGRoberson
        PEGRoberson commented
        Editing a comment
        on purpose, they are inferior but will be available in far-flung region of the world, they represent commonly available levels of military defense tech before the Cataclysm

• Originally posted by Jim1 View Post
      Found a typo, TLPG Pg 80 under "Possession," "The power has its Duration is increased to five minutes…"
      PEGRoberson - Should probably be “The power has its Duration increased...” no “is”

Comment

• PEGRoberson
        PEGRoberson commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, I'm blind! Thanks

• TCArknight
        TCArknight commented
        Editing a comment
        Always welcome.

• Possible Typo / Mis-Match
      SFoNA Pg 8 - Coaltion Mark V APC has Toughness 50 (30)
      SFoNA Pg12 - Coalition UAR-1 Enforcer has Toughness 42 (20)

Is the Mk V really more armored than the UAR-1?
      Was the 20 points of armor maybe intended for the Mk V and the 30 points for the UAR-1?
      Were they supposed to be the same (possible since the main body MDC in PR is the same)?

Comment

• Im not sure if this really a typo, but while looking up the rules for using magic in armor in the Tomorrow legion player guide. i noticed that on page 88 it mentions that encumbrance of the armor also modifies arcane rolls as well as the minimum strength requirement, but when its mentioned again on page 119 it only mentions the minimum strength requirement.

Comment

• p99 Common Gear Notes
          Heavy BEAM should be Heavy BURST
          Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say, right?
          What?
          They scream “Oh, God, help me, I’m being mauled to death by a tiger.

Comment

• paladin2019
            paladin2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, it's Heavy Beam. It's an overpowered single shot. Heavy Pulse is the MD equivalent of Three-Round Burst.

• Didn't see anything about this and my PDF searching came up with nothing.

Originally posted by "A&M Pg 80
          ENCOUNTERS IN THE MAGIC ZONE
          To generate encounters in the Magic Zone,
          use the new Magic Zone Encounters table
          in conjunction with those found in the
          Game Master’s Handbook."
          Emphasis mine - there is no Magic Zone Encounters table that I could find. There's a fade-town generator, an encounter table for the Kingdom of Dunscon, a table for Soul Harvest, Dark Woods, Tolkeen, and Splugorth. No Magic Zone table.

Comment

• Heavy Enchanted Armor has +6 Armor and +3 Toughness, according to A&M p42, but the Magic Zone Mercenaries later in the book have it listed as +7 Armor +3 Toughness.

Comment

• The end of the GM screen still lists Extra Effort as a thing.

Comment

• I noticed something today with the I Know a Guy Edge (IKAG) in the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide (pg. 80)...

I KNOW A GUY
                Requirements: Novice, Persuasion d6+, Charismatic
                ...Once per session, the player can invoke this Edge to effectively have the Connections Edge with any person or group who shares a mutual interest or motivations (whether personally or as a group). Make a Smarts roll at −2 (or an opposed Smarts roll for powerful contacts) to see if they can be leveraged or convinced to help in any way...
                If we follow the directions under the "Traits" heading in SWADE (p. 29): "Attributes are primarily passive or innate abilities...Skills are used to actively do things or affect others" then I think we may want IKAG to require a Persuasion roll instead of a Smarts roll.
                Last edited by Akerbakk; 12-05-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• PEGRoberson
                  PEGRoberson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, the wording is intentional. Think of it as the character is using their Smarts to react to the social situation and see if there is an opening to gain the benefits of I Know A Guy.

• In Tomorrow Legion Field Manual, the Supernatural Strength Edge (p. 14) does not have a rank listed for requirement. I assume it is Novice?

Comment

Working...
              X