Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitter Boy drawbacks Sonic Boom and Stand by to Fire

Hello,

I am converting over Noble, the Glitter Dog Boy for an upcoming demo/play test I am running, and I was wondering do the drawback sonic boom and standby to fire remain as stating in the TLPGv1?

Salcor

“Digging In” changed, but the other two sections you mentioned stayed the same.

Originally posted by Conversion Doc
    Digging In New text: Activating/deactivating the stabilization system is an action. Firing the Boom Gun without these measures knocks the Glitter Boy 2d6" back and prone, leaving the pilot Stunned. While dug in, the Glitter Boy cannot move, can only fire to the front and sides (180 degrees), and attackers gain +2 to attack rolls against the power suit.

Comment

Café Truck Thanks, I appreciate it. That is what I thought, but I figured I would confirms since I hadn't seen anything posted.

Comment

Salcor Stand By to Fire is staying the same. Sonic Boom is being updated as follows:
        Sonic Boom

Firing a Boom Gun causes a sonic boom affecting everyone (except the pilot) within a Large Burst Template, who much check Vigor at –2. With a failure, the victim of the sonic boom is Hard of Hearing (per the Major Hindrance) for 3d6 minutes and becomes Shaken—may not cause a Wound—with a Critical Failure the victim is Stunned instead of Shaken. Those with Hard of Hearing (Minor) or wearing Environmental Body Armor check at Vigor +2; those with Hard of Hearing (Major) are immune to the sonic boom.

Let me know how the playtest goes with this updated entry
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• BLEYS INGRAM
          BLEYS INGRAM commented
          Editing a comment
          PEGRoberson Do folks with Bionic ears need to make that Vigor check or do noise dampeners give the cyborg immunity to hearing damage?

• PEGRoberson
          PEGRoberson commented
          Editing a comment
          Per page 101 of the TLPG, as currently written a +2 to resist.

PEGRoberson Awesome thanks. People always seem to take the glitter boy in Demos.

Comment

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          And rightfully so.

• Salcor
          Salcor commented
          Editing a comment
          Ndreare How very true.

So, with SWADE having up to 3 actions (with Multi Action Penalty) this now means a Glitter Boy and Dig In, take one shot (with a +1 to shoot and the armor negating up to -2 of penalties) and then retract the pylons to move again?

Comment

• Freemage
          Freemage commented
          Editing a comment
          That would seem to add up, assuming there's no limit on digging in and retracting in the same round, at least. Note that in the scenario you lay out, the GB would be at a -1 to hit overall (MAP -4 for three actions, two points negated by sensor suite and +1 Shooting from the gun). And of course, since it's no longer AoE, it means the -1 actually matters a bit more.

• Salcor
          Salcor commented
          Editing a comment
          The IF drawbacks still states that you cannot move and fire in the same turn

• Freemage
          Freemage commented
          Editing a comment
          Salcor: Yes, but you could fire and un-anchor (removing the Parry Penalty), fir instance. Also, facing matters once anchored, so you can wait until you know where your target is, anchor, shoot, and unanchor all in one round if this is how the rule works.

Originally posted by operations View Post
        So, with SWADE having up to 3 actions (with Multi Action Penalty) this now means a Glitter Boy and Dig In, take one shot (with a +1 to shoot and the armor negating up to -2 of penalties) and then retract the pylons to move again?
        Salcor is correct, per the IF Complication "Stand By to Fire" the GB cannot move and fire in the same round. If anyone is interested, please playtest without that rule and let me know how it goes.
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

It seems to be their biggest weakness. I am not sure that only 1 or 2 play tests could provide enough data to eliminate it.

Comment

PEGRoberson What if the Boomgun simply had the Snapfire Penalty?

With SWADE's action economy, a GB pilot can currently dig-in/fire/retract for -3 to Shooting (-4 MAP, +1 Shooting per updated Boomgun). But if they also wished to move---either before or after Digging In---that's an additional -2.

So basically moving and firing would have at minimum at -3 to Shooting, but as much as -5 for the full monty described above (barring any other penalties such as Range, bad weather, etc.).
            _______

Also, Diggin-In notes that attacks receive +2 to hit the GB, but should there also be a note about not being able dodge AE attacks, like grenades and missles? Does the AE attack get the +2 as well (doesn't seem like it should)?

Comment

• Radecliffe
              Radecliffe commented
              Editing a comment
              You forgot about power armor's senor/targeting system which reduces MAP by 2 and don't forget Trademark Weapon is a potential bonus too. Also, unless the wording is changed the penalty for digging in become irrelevant in this scenario as they won't stay dug in long enough for anyone to get the bonus. Also, dodging while actually dug in should be an obvious no. The bonus should also be an obvious no as an AoE does not target the Glitter Boy, just the area he's standing in.
              Last edited by Radecliffe; 05-27-2019, 04:23 PM.

• Deskepticon
              Deskepticon commented
              Editing a comment
              Radecliffe Whoops! You're right. The GB could dig-in/fire/retract with -1 to Shooting, or no penalty if they took Trademark Weapon.

• Radecliffe
              Radecliffe commented
              Editing a comment
              Even under the current rules this can be a useful tactic to nullify the +2 to hit from dug in since by the time anyone can shoot at you, you're not dug in anymore.

The Glitter Boy's original write up specifically recommends secondary weapons in the event that employing the main gun is not advisable. I think this is the preferable solution. The Glitter Boy is still incredibly powerful and as noted very popular. Reducing the few drawbacks the Glitter Boy has seems to be a poor game balance choice to me.

Comment

Working...
          X