Psionics & Bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psionics & Bound

Reading between the lines it seems Psionics in rifts are just concentration effects. So because of that I get the impressions Psionic characters should be allowed to use their powers while Bound with only the penalty from Distracted, even though normal rules do not allow it.

What do others think of this?

I think they totally get to use their powers while bound. That's really the only advantage to psionics over magic. I don't think this is in violation of the bound rules anyway. It just says a bound character can't make any physical actions but psionics specifically does not require any physical action at all to use. As you say Distracted would still apply.

Comment

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      Activation on page 151 specifically says powers cannot be activated while bound.

However, I feel this general rule should be ignored by Psionics specific trappings.

• Radecliffe
      Radecliffe commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh that general rule. Yes, I'd still ignore that rule in Rifts. What's the point of not having to use gestures or speak to use powers if getting bound works anyway. You might as well say that even though you don't need to speak to use powers you can't use powers while silenced. Cue eye roll.

Yes, completely agree

Comment

Perhaps ask this question in the Official Questions thread. I believe you will find that the intention was that the "Power Activator" that is part of every Arcane background entry the the Tomorrow Legion is supposed to superceed the description in the base rulebooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndreare View Post
        Reading between the lines it seems Psionics in rifts are just concentration effects. So because of that I get the impressions Psionic characters should be allowed to use their powers while Bound with only the penalty from Distracted, even though normal rules do not allow it.

What do others think of this?
        Please ask in official FAQ. This was definitely the intention.
        Sean Owen Roberson
        Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure thing
      Working...
      X