Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Houserule - Buster/Zappers get base non-MD bolt as Innate power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Houserule - Buster/Zappers get base non-MD bolt as Innate power?

Eventually COVID will end (we hope) and my game can get going again with the new books, but I wanted to get some debate on both sides on this idea before starting a game with it.

To be clear, I am ONLY talking about baseline, non-MD, 2d6 version of bolt as Innate. It gives them something to contribute when they are low or out of power points, or when overkill is not desired.

Psi-Slingers get bolt as an innate power without any restrictions on using modifiers so sure, why not.

Comment

Don't forget that you can use elemental manipulation for free including some of its mega power modifiers. This gives you a 1d6, 1d8 with a raise ranged attack, you can test as a free action once per turn. A,so the ability to harass everyone within smarts range of you can be very nice. It is not as powerful of an option as bolt would be but there is an option for busters and zappers to have a ranged attack for no cost in the class that most people forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderingmystic View Post
        Don't forget that you can use elemental manipulation for free including some of its mega power modifiers. This gives you a 1d6, 1d8 with a raise ranged attack, you can test as a free action once per turn. A,so the ability to harass everyone within smarts range of you can be very nice. It is not as powerful of an option as bolt would be but there is an option for busters and zappers to have a ranged attack for no cost in the class that most people forget about.
        I think this is often overlooked. Thank you for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
        X