"Savage Rifts: What Should I Play?" interactive flowchart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Savage Rifts: What Should I Play?" interactive flowchart

Been working on a project while quarantined -- a resource where you can choose what sort of character you like to play, and it'll narrow it down to which frameworks make the most sense for you.

http://mygurps.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main...hatShouldIPlay

I'd appreciate anyone checking it out and just playing with it. Let me know if anything breaks (e.g., the links), if anything is phrased poorly or unclearly, and if any framework seems to be out of place or missing from a section.

Originally posted by pkitty View Post
    Been working on a project while quarantined -- a resource where you can choose what sort of character you like to play, and it'll narrow it down to which frameworks make the most sense for you.

http://mygurps.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main...hatShouldIPlay

I'd appreciate anyone checking it out and just playing with it. Let me know if anything breaks (e.g., the links), if anything is phrased poorly or unclearly, and if any framework seems to be out of place or missing from a section.
    Wait, you have "Phase Adept" listed in there, am I missing something or was there a conversion done for these guys?

Comment

Cool, totaly like your phase adept.

Comment

• pkitty
      pkitty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Any thoughts on the flowchart?

• Ndreare
      Ndreare commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing useful. I kind of liked the idea, but was expecting something more like an org chart.

However the amount of data you have on there is more than what would fit nicely on an org style chart

About the flowchart, I would have liked a few other branches. My first three tries, I clicked once then had a couple of selection. I was expected a few questions, then a single answer for every choices. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

• pkitty
      pkitty commented
      Editing a comment
      That seems like it'd get kind of tedious after a point, though. Like, the section after "Monsters > Born This Way" would then look like:
      * Do you want to be a vampire? Click here. (result: Heroic Vampire)
      * Do you want to be a werecat? Click here. (result: Werecat)
      * Do you want to be a dragon? Click here. (result: Dragon Hatchling)
      etc.

If that's the idea -- that there should be 10+ choices to make that get you to one framework, rather than 3-4 choices that help you narrow it down to a small list -- then I couldn't disagree more.
      Last edited by pkitty; 04-05-2020, 04:59 PM.

• dentris
      dentris commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, it's more because I only needed to make a single choice.I was expecting a little more branches, but that's not a deal-breaker. The rest is still solid.

• pkitty
      pkitty commented
      Editing a comment
      I do see a few spots where I could maybe narrow it down a bit more. In particular, the "Casters" section could probably get at least a fourth option ("Split between combat/noncombat") with the understanding that there'd be some heavy overlap between the lists.

I do think that I prefer to leave the "Faith/Magic/Psi" split as a list within the same box, rather than a separate question, though -- just because for most players that's a question of flavor. Hmmm... or I could make that a completely different branch for the few players who truly care about that first.

I just updated the page with further questions for soldiers, scholars, sneaks, and a massive expansion for casters (adding an entirely different "by source" tree and a new category to the "by role" tree).

Let me know if anyone has any specific suggestions for ways to make this more useful.

Comment

Nice! But shouldn't Gifted under Casters By Source include mutants? Or at least a note that you can get it from any custom race and combine it with another framework.

Comment

• pkitty
        pkitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure whether that's directly relevant, since that's a race, not a framework. But I guess it couldn't hurt to add a note, so I just did so. Thanks!

This is great
      Sean Owen Roberson
      Line Manager, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

Working...
      X