Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Entangle affect Teleport at will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Entangle affect Teleport at will?

If an NPC has teleport at will (Dragon ability) and someone uses entangle on them (trapped as TK bonds) would the psionic restraints be able to stop the teleporting?

Would it be a roll off, or would the ability of one or the other be absolute?

Note: I am the GM, so ask the GM will not help. I am inclined to say he can use his Spirit in place of Athletics to escape. But am looking for other opinions.

I think it depends on the Trappings of the bonds. Just like he wouldn't teleport out of his clothes, anything physical that restrains him will be teleported with him. Might be useful, but the end result is he's still bounded. Anything intangible like strands of force, magical energy must be escaped with spirit like you said and unteleportable mundane stuff like a collapsed building or another character arr just minor annoyances and can be escaped freely

Comment

Originally posted by dentris View Post
      Just like he wouldn't teleport out of his clothes, anything physical that restrains him will be teleported with him. Might be useful, but the end result is he's still bounded.
      I would counter with a question about the nature of magic or the self. What is considered part of the character. In D&D, for example, a character's gear, while worn or carried, is generally considered to be the character. A save vs a fireball or the like negates the need to roll saves for everything carried and fail only results in damage to the character's hp. But a net thrown over him is not. Thus, it can be attacked separately, etc.

Do you use the same paradigm? If a SW character is netted, can it or its allies attack the net directly or is the only option the escape rolls and support to them? Since you can attack a net (and, by extension, any other physical restraint), I'd argue that any trapping represented by a physical object stays behind when the creature teleports. It's not part of the teleporting creature.

Comment

Working...
      X