Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next? A place for ideas and suggestions for the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next? A place for ideas and suggestions for the future.

I am creating this post as a place where people can share what they are looking for in future Savage RIFTS supplements.

Atlantis: The most unique addition to RIFTS is Atlantis and all that comes with it. We have tattooed men, undead players, stone mages as possible iconic frameworks. We also have new technology in the form of bio wizard augments, symbiotic, and rune weapons not to mention the advanced power armor of the Kitani. After seeing the current revisions of the Dragon juicer I feel confident that Sean and his team can bring over the feel of the option provided in Atlantis without making every option feel vastly overpowered compared to what is in other books. I can see to Kitani power armor as possible an iconic edge or maybe even a new iconic framework since they are more in the power level as a glitter boy and about as difficult to come across. I would love to see a MARS package where you had a symbiote (chest amalgamations are amazing) and options for bio borgs like what was introduced in the Splynn Market.

Mindworks: As someone who loves crazies it should come as no surprise that I eagerly await the options to further augment a crazy that they produced in this sourcebook.

Power Armor: The massive amounts of different and unique powerarors that were released in the Northern Gun books made me excited to play a power armor pilot. Personally I love smaller size 1 power armor (mantis please) and the NG book provides lots of those options while most other decent power armor are size 2-3) I don't know if we will get anything like this, and the updated sci-fi companion will allow me to recreate any of them, but still I would love to see a book that expanded on equipment armor and the like.

Other world book to me felt very isolated, great for games located there but lacking any real ability to use their options in other settings. It's not that I don't want them it more that I'm not as excited for them because I don't see them as useful.

I'd second Atlantis

Comment

I believe Sean has more than hinted that Atlantis is next.

Comment

Yep,
        Pretty sure Atlantis is next. Although when I begged about England and Temporal magic I was told the current direction is north america first. Which honestly makes sense, but gargoyle kingdoms, triax military achievements, Merlin, Temporal Mages and Chang Ku dragons are all a solid argument for the awesomeness of Europe.

Comment

I've got mixed feelings about a Britain book (or England in Riftspeak). there are some interesting ideas to develop but I'm pretty happy with my own version and could give that one a miss. I'd rather see somewhere new developed, maybe France or Italy or Greece (maybe a Rifts Mediterranean).

Comment

• Ndreare
            Ndreare commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't care if they call it Rifts Disney Land, I want official Temporal Magic and Tattoo Magic.

• Wanderingmystic
            Wanderingmystic commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunatly I don't think they can create any new setting information so while I would love Greece I doubt it can happen.

"New" is a loaded term considering they have to respect whatever licensing agreement they have with Palladium. I, for one, would love to see a SR version of Rifts England done sooner rather than later. I know that Atlantis is popular and will most likely be the next installment but it's never held much interest for me.

Comment

• Wanderingmystic
            Wanderingmystic commented
            Editing a comment
            I love Atlantis because of its options, tattoo magic and bio wizard organisim to be specific. I remember buying England back in the day(it was my first world book) but I dont remeber many character options. So what is it about RIFTS England that excites you?

• Radecliffe
            Radecliffe commented
            Editing a comment
            Druids, Millennial Trees, Alchemy mostly. The stuff about the Knights could have been done better but there's a lot of potential there and that's the cool part about translating vs. converting. Smoothing over the rough bits. You can't go completely wrong with Knights of the Round Table.

Lazlo. The Big Good of the setting as much as there was one before the Tomorrow Legion, one of the biggest cities in North America, center of learning and technowizardry and tolerance of all species of D-Bees, and all we know is a few paragraphs.

I know Siembada probably won't approve of elaborating on a setting element he refuses to first elaborate himself, but I can dream, right?

Comment

I like the idea of North America and South America being fleshed out as I have gotten the most use out of those books. If I had my choice RIFTS Russia and Mystic Russia would be high on the list as I have gotten a lot of use out of those books too. If there is one original RIFTS book I found the most lacking was Africa. Such a large continent with so much potential and such a small book.

I should also add that I am really happy with this incarnation of the setting as I really like running Savage Worlds and the RIFTS game. I've run the previous edition of Savage RIFTS last year and since June of this year I have run across two players of my RIFTS games of 25+ years ago that complimented me on those games and voiced wanting to play again.
            Keeper of https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/
            Runner of many games.

Comment

I think some smaller mini-plot points, kind of like Expeditions Amazon.would be good

Comment

Originally posted by Salcor View Post
                I think some smaller mini-plot points, kind of like Expeditions Amazon.would be good
                I like that idea. Why a book focused on one area, give us a "Hotspots: Legion Expiditions" book.

I also saw the hints for Atlantis next, and am OK with that. If I recall from the original source, Kitanni power armors were one of the few things that could challenge a Glitter Boy.

Comment

So, is the theory that there will be the equivalent of more World Books after the initial "core" set is wrapped up? While I am personally excited about a continuing stream of new material, I could see where that might be disheartening to others. PR kind of intimidated me in that way because it seemed like there was always something more I needed. Now I'm more well off and have filled out some of my "wants" from the PR catalog, but not everybody is in the same position.

Comment

I compleatly expect an Atlantis, a China, a Russia, a South America, an English, a German book ( NGR & Mindworks), and maybe Japan and Africa but there arnt as many player options.

Atlantis is the most notable and the most developed in my opinion.
                    England is very well liked but it us a little thin on options so I could possibly see it grouped with another region.
                    China is so unique with the demons and their tech thst I could see it as a stand alone book easily.
                    South America has several differentbfactions, numerous players options and lots of different villains so it would make a good book.
                    Germany has Gargokys and Mindworks for villans and more tech for players than most other countrie but to me feeks a little boring outside of Mindworks,
                    Russia has lots of different cyborg options and the warlords but also feels a little flat compared to other options.

Comment

I don't think there will be a lot of separate books myself. This is still Palladium's IP. So far books are recaps of multiple World Books with relevant game info. I see this pattern continue. Atlantis may get its own book from the shear amount of potential player material. Europe will likely be condensed onto one or two books. All the new books recommend getting the original PB World Books for in depth background.
                      ​​​​

Comment

Will Atlantis be a just Atlantis or will it be Atlantis & let’s say Underseas book?

Comment

Originally posted by Koolaidman View Post
                          Will Atlantis be a just Atlantis or will it be Atlantis & let’s say Underseas book?
                          No way to know until they tell us and they aren't talking yet. All we know at this time is they are working on the next book and it is PROBABLY Atlantis related. My guess is we'll hear about just what IS in the book once the content is finalized and they are far enough along with development that they don't have to worry too much on any major changes have to be made. The last thing they want to do is tell everyone that X is going to be in the book and end up having to cut it due to space constraints or some other reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X