Zombies and wound modifiers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies and wound modifiers...

This is more a general rule question than a Rifts, but for some reason I can't post in the SWADE forum today....

I was just putting together an encounter with some zombies so I was refreshing my memory on their entry and noticed the point about how they ignore a level of wound based penalties.

Now am I missing something, as extras the zombies should never have a wounds. Or did zombies pick up resilient by default that I am just not seeing. Or is this just a caveat in case you make a zombie who is not an extra?

Zombies might have more wounds from being of a larger size. Other options are giving them the monster ability that adds a wound or two or granting them the legendary edges for a few more wounds.
    As the GM you can of course make a zombie a Wild Card if you want.
    Combine them all for a massive zombie kaiju built to take a real punishment!

Comment

Originally posted by Maelgwyn View Post
      Now am I missing something, as extras the zombies should never have a wounds. Or did zombies pick up resilient by default that I am just not seeing. Or is this just a caveat in case you make a zombie who is not an extra?
      It's there for zombies that can take wounds. Being Large or larger grants a Wound, as does Resilient, the Tough As Nails edge, or Wild Card status. Most of those can be stacked (except Resilient and Wild Card) to a maximum of seven / eight Wounds.
      None of those apply to a typical human zombie Extra.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

That all makes sense folks. Thank you. I suspected it was something like that. But I was worried that with a new book I had just missed something about Zombies that had changed.

Comment

Working...
        X