NG-57 Heavy Ion Blaster vs Wilk's 237 Backup Laser Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG-57 Heavy Ion Blaster vs Wilk's 237 Backup Laser Pistol

So I was toying around with a build I like and I can't decide which pistol I like better. This is a MARS Mercenary (Gunfighter) with AP(Gifted) - Smite, Two Gun Kid and Ambidextrous.

NG - 57
    Pros - Better damage at short range, +2 to shooting, slightly better range brackets.
    Cons - Loses damage at medium/long range, no AP

Wilk's 237
    Pros - Good AP, decent damage, better damage over range, no recoil (probably wouldn't come up much but it's there), slightly lighter
    Cons - Some targets will only take half damage, will be less effective against low armor targets.

Short range will be his primary engagement zone. At longer ranges he'll have a rifle (may not start with one but he'll pick one up in short order.)

Thoughts, opinions?

Ng-45lp

Comment

Well, I was avoiding the particle beam weapons on the premise that this guys doesn't need them. With access to greater smite he can make any weapon a MD weapon. If I were going to use one though I'd prefer the TX-26. The NG-45 does has better range but only 8 shots per clip. If I start double tapping I'd burn through clips at an alarming rate.

Comment

I personally like the Backup but that's for its good stats in Classic, I haven't tried it in Savage.

Comment

Why not both? You're going the two gun kid route, and one of the benefits of two weapons is versatility.

Also, the new Rapid Fire edges make RoF 2 possible for every Rifts pistol.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
          X