Pace: Order of operations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pace: Order of operations?

I did not make intentionally create this character as a "PACE monkey" but it certainly came out that way. I am curious if SWADE has established a official order of operations for this. The Characters pace modifiers are as follows. RACE:Fleet-Footed Edge.(SWADEpg39) IFramework, CRAZY, Enhanced Speed(pgXX).Wearing the NG-EX10 GLADIUS(+2 pace, pgxx) in addition, the character is riding a Bicycle(SWADE pg83)....So, while bicycling, what is the PACE of this character?

The same as his running Pace as the bicycle collapses under the weight of the Gladius?

Seriously, I would order these as you would character creation. IF is chosen before race, which tells us, based on the SWADE summary on p55, that these happe well before Edge selection. So, 12 pace as a Crazy, +2 for Fleet-footed, then the Gladius improves this another +2 when powered, and finally the bicycle (assuming it can support the Gladius...) gives a final Pace of 32 + d8(x2).

Comment

• BLEYS INGRAM
      BLEYS INGRAM commented
      Editing a comment
      You think that is heavy? You should see my Borg riding a bike (reinforced for Borgury, of course)

Dude, this is awesome. I don't know if I would allow two mechanical modifiers to Pace (a bicycle and a Gladius), but you are right it gets crazy. Makes me wonder if the Gladius should just have a listed Pace like Power Armor (it is essentially power armor, lol).
    Sean Owen Roberson
    Line Editor, Rifts for Savage Worlds

Comment

• BLEYS INGRAM
      BLEYS INGRAM commented
      Editing a comment
      A side note: This character stripped out all of the EBA components(pumps, seals, air-tanks) and sensors of the Gladius, leaving only the armor, battery and exoskeleton. This was done because the character believes that EBA stifles their Arcane Sense. Oh he also left the language translator in but it is a bit glitchy.
Working...
X