Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Round Burst Question

Hi,

I tried posting this in the rule forum but it will not let me make a topic. Anyhoo!

If I hit with a 3RB does the damage apply to each of the bullets? So for example it would do 3d6+2/3d6+2/3d6+2 if the roll hits?

Thank you

Nope, the bonus for 3RB only applies to the one damage roll. So, if the shot was successful and the base damage of the weapon was 2d6, then the Damage roll would be 2d6+2, but expends 3 rounds of ammunition. This is unlike autofire, where its a single Shooting die with bonuses to reflect the extra lead flying down field.

Comment

• DoctorBoson
      DoctorBoson commented
      Editing a comment
      To clarify, auto fire (RoF 2+) is not a single Shooting die with bonuses, it's more Shooting dice at penalties to reflect the additional ammo being spent and difficulty in controlling the weapon due to Recoil.

3RB is a specific firing mode where one trigger pull unleashes exactly 3 bullets, while auto fire is hold down the trigger for more dakka.

• Freemage
      Freemage commented
      Editing a comment
      To clarify further:

Auto-Fire: Roll X Shooting dice, plus one Wild Die (if a Wild Card), where X can go from 2 to the weapon's RoF. If you don't have Rock'n'Roll, all rolls are at -2 for Autofire Penalty. The Wild die can sub in for any one of the Shooting dice. Burn ammo = X*RoF (so, in most lotsa-dakka situations, it's RoF Squared).

3RB: Burn three rounds of ammo. Roll Shooting at +2 against a single target, and then add +2 to the damage, as well.

Thank you for the help.

If the weapon has ROF 2 can I then do two 3RB in the round?

Comment

Originally posted by daggertx View Post
      Thank you for the help.

Nope.
      You either use RoF 2+ or use 3RB. You can't combine the two abilities.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by daggertx View Post
        Thank you for the help.

No (see above)...

...but you could make two 3RBs as two separate Actions, incurring the -2 MAP.

Comment

• Radecliffe
          Radecliffe commented
          Editing a comment
          To be clear, you can NOW, in SWADE. Under SWD you couldn't normally perform the same action twice in the same round. He never did say which rule set he was referring to.

• daggertx
          daggertx commented
          Editing a comment
          So when using two pistols I can use Two-Fisted (if I have it) to negate the -2. Is there a similar way to negate a multi-action penalty for two rifle shots?

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Radecliffe Stating that 3RB was giving a +2 implicitly states the use of Deluxe or earlier rules.
          In Adventure, 3RB is a +1.

We are going to be using Savage Worlds Deluxe right now, but I think the GM wants to switch to SWADE when it drops.

Comment

• Deskepticon
          Deskepticon commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, okay. My bad!

In that case, ignore my previous post.

So when using two pistols I can use Two-Fisted (if I have it) to negate the -2. Is there a similar way to negate a multi-action penalty for two rifle shots?
          In Deluxe edition, you cannot make two rifle shots with the same rifle. You can fire the rifle with a RoF2 though, rolling two Shooting Dice and one Wild Die. You still suffer the -2 Recoil penalty, which the Rock and Roll Edge negates.

In Adventure Edition, the MAP can't be "negated", per se, but it can be mitigated with Edges like Marksman, Trademark Weapon or Double Tap, using a scope, taking an Aim manuever, and applying situational Comprehensive Modifiers.
          _______

As an aside, SWADE has already "dropped". You can buy the latest rules PDF from the PEG Store. The book .just isn't available in print yet. Deluxe is technically the "old rules" already.
      Working...
      X