Rule 3 and Savage Rifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule 3 and Savage Rifts

> 3 - Do not post conversions on the forum of material that is under copyright without written permission of the owner.

How does that apply to material from Rifts?

Could we, for example, say "Here are the converted stats for a Scarecrow. For the description and details, see [book name here]"?

According to Clint on the old forums (see link) there is no Fan License for Rifts. Until there is, posting conversions (at all) is a violation of copyright.
    Regardless, posting conversion of copyright material without the owner's written permission is a forum violation. If it is copyrighted by someone else, and you don't have written permission to post conversions, then you can't post conversions here.

Which is annoying, but easy to get around by hosting the conversion off site. (Example)
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Sorry, nope. That would be a conversion of material under copyright and could not be posted on these forums.
      Clint Black
      Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
      Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Bummer. Hopefully you can work out an exception in the future, but I know how hard it can be to work with Palladium.

Comment

Originally posted by Grauenwolf View Post
          Bummer. Hopefully you can work out an exception in the future, but I know how hard it can be to work with Palladium.
          We've discovered that to be surprisingly overestimated.
          Clint Black
          Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
          Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

• Erolat
            Erolat commented
            Editing a comment
            This may be the difference between an established company and an individual/small company attempting the same things.

Given how litigious Siembieda ("allegedly") is, count your blessings the rule exists on the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X