Wanted a few savage bugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted a few savage bugs

I'm gearing up for a savage rifts game using giant mutant bugs from the mutants in orbit setting. Anyone know a good savage setting I can make mutant humanoid bugs in or rip some off from?

You can star with the Core Rules. The Bestiary has a Spider, Giant that is about the size of a golden retriever.
    Upscale that, modify with whatever you want for style and tone, and have fun.
    Make sure to give them Mega Damage weapons as needed to be a legit threat. Maybe that's "none" because no one normally has M.D.C., or maybe it's "all" because everyone normally has M.D.C. Either way, that's probably where I would start.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I would suggest starting with the Xiticix and modifying them as needed.

they have some of the highest offensive damage per round of NPCs and can be scary.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Also a great suggestion.

You could also take a look at Husk: Wrath of the Swarm by Tricky Troll Games.

Husk: Wrath of the Swarm - Alien bugs have invaded Earth! Only 30% of humanity remains, desperately fighting against the Swarm in the name of survi

Comment

Savage Worlds is all about trappings. And responds well to re-skinnning as well. You can add an ability or two to any creature from the bestiary of any SW game and call it a Giant Bug.

Why, that's not a shark! (Scribble, scribble as you add Armor to account for the exoskeleton) it's a giant waterbug!

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

• Erolat
          Erolat commented
          Editing a comment
          The number of times I have done this....

• Christopher Brady
          Christopher Brady commented
          Editing a comment
          More than I can count, Erolat. Useful, mind you and fun!
      Working...
      X