Cost for Flame Wind Iconic Framework

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost for Flame Wind Iconic Framework

In an attempt to build a frame work for Great Horned Hatchlings as I am not a fan of the Flame Wind (or any of the others from PB mainbook) I have become lost. I tried to figure out how many points where spent on the flame wind framework. Can some one show me using the Savage Rules how the point totals were arrived at for the Flame Wind so that I can build Great Horned Hatchling Framework. I have looked at this https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...nic-frameworks and still cannot figure it either because their are no point costs referenced (could some one explain this to me please).

Welcome to the forum!

There are no guidelines or statements about how the Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling, or any of the Iconic Frameworks, were created for the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide.

I'm assuming you're referencing my Dragon Hatchling Template. I built that by reverse engineering the FWD, and listing options common to other types of Rifts dragons.
    Each of special ability is mandatory - if you're a dragon then you have these abilities, otherwise you're not a dragon.
    Each special ability lists the points for modifying it in parentheses () at the end of the entry for a variation of the cost.

The Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling:
    • Arcane Background (Psionic): +0
    • Armored Hide*: +4
    • Breath Weapon*: +0
    • Claws/Bite*: +0
    • Fear*: +0
    • Flight*: +0
    • Inherently Magical: +0
    • Large*: +0
    • Limited Metamorphosis: +0
    • Mighty: +6
    • Nigh-Immortality: +0
    • Size +6*: +2
    • Slow Regeneration: +0
    • Sensory Improvement: Infravision. +0
    • Supplemental Weaponry*: Tail Lash. +0
    • Elemental Resistance:+0
    For a total of +12.

The Great Horned Dragon Hatchling would probably be:
    • Arcane Background (Psionic): Minor Psionic, +0.
    • Armored Hide*: M.D.C. Armor +14 and +6 Toughness. +3
    • Breath Weapon*: Fiery Breath, as FWD. +0
    • Claws/Bite*: Str+3d6, Mega Damage, AP 6. +1
    • Fear*: +0
    • Flight*: Pace 12, Climb 0. +0
    • Inherently Magical: As Flame Wind Hatchling ability. +0
    • Large*: Normal-sized opponents gain +2 on all attacks against them. +0
    • Limited Metamorphosis: As Flame Wind Hatchling ability. +0
    • Mighty: Base Strength d12+3 and Vigor d8. +4
    • Nigh-Immortality: As Flame Wind Hatchling ability. +0
    • Size +6*: +2
    • Slow Regeneration: As the Flame Wind Hatchling ability. +0
    • Sensory Improvement: Low Light Vision. +0
    • Supplemental Weaponry*: Tail Lash. +0
    • Elemental Resistance: Half damage from Fire and Cold. +0
    For a total of +10. That's weaker than a FWD, but I'm not clear on what the GHD was about, so I may have missed something important; thankfully there are still +2 points to grab that feature.

Good luck! I hope that helps some.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

In the PB books(d&g) it states that GHD start with both Psionic and magic (including spells) even as fresh hatchling in a manner similar to that of a mystic. This do able in Savage Worlds by allowing them to take Arcane Background (magic) or perhaps even Arcane Background (sorcery, from the fantasy companion) . In using your scale that would fit nicely with left over two points as a free novice edge,. or do you think I am incorrect in this?

Comment

Sure, you could give them Arcane Background (Magic) and a d4 Spellcasting, much like free Psionics they get, for the remaining two points.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
        X