Dagon Hatchling breath weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dagon Hatchling breath weapon

So my group has come to a bit of contention. I am wondering what the forum thinks.

My understanding of the Dragon Hatchling breath weapon is that the bolt requires a skill roll to hit. Think of spitting into a spittoon. The cone does not require a skill roll on the dragon's part, but is an agility check on the part of the victim only. Think of blowing out a birthday candle (Nicer than halitosis analogy).

My gaming group is thinking that the breath weapon should also require a skill roll to pull off with the agility check being an opposed roll.

Which of these seems most accurate? Sorry if this seems like a no brainer, but I want to make sure I am not going crazy.

Fire Breath*: Flame Wind Hatchlings can fire a bolt of flame at Range 12/24/48 and Damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill. Alternately, they can do 2d10, Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll −2 to avoid the attack. Those who fail suffer 2d10 damage.
    A Shooting roll is required to hit a single target. That's explicitly in the first sentence.
    It's also required for the Cone, and the Agility rolls are -2 and Opposed.

That's a good piece of game design for the setting, in which a starting character can have a base Agility d12+2, with up to +4 die types for a single power.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• AlaricNight
      AlaricNight commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the clarification. The way you explained it made a lot more sense to me.
Working...
X