A Rifts Noob Question about Mega Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rifts Noob Question about Mega Damage

Hey guys! So I'm just getting into Rifts and loving it. How can you not lot a setting that can be described as "Put everything awesome together, turn it up to 11 and see what happens.". I've ended up picking up some of the original Rifts books as reference. One thing I've noticed is that Mega Damage in the original is that if a MD weapon hits something without MDC it basically tends to get obliterated.

That got me thinking. Does Heavy Weapon rules work like that too and I've just missed it somewhere? I thought it was just only a HW weapon can hurt HW armor and that was it. But it would make sense if it did, I mean a bazooka hitting a civilian car is gonna wreck the car. Is it just reflected in the damage vs toughness ratio?

Hey Volt!

Nope, normal targets can survive HW (and MDC) damage. It's just unlikely because weapons with HW usually also deal enough damage to Wound / Incapacitate most normal targets.
    This change is one of the biggest, and most controversial, for original Rifts players. Personally, I like it - real people have survived barrages from anti-tank weapons even if it did cause injury - but I can understand why it seems "wrong" to some.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Ah ok, I was just thinking I missed something somewhere. I got the original book more for fluff information that rules anyway ha ha.

Comment

Working...
      X