Jump jets and distance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump jets and distance

I asked this on official rules well over a month ago with no response, so figured I would get the communities input. On the reinforced legs and jump jets cybernetics it states that it adds +1/+4 to jumping respectively. So does this just add the plus to the roll? If so, do you still have the 2" cap on jump distance? The other option would be a straight addition to the jumping distance, so +1"/+4" respectively. What have others been using?

As a secondary question, the jump jets allow up to 2" vertical movement. How does this figure into movement? Would it just subtract two from the distance jumped? If so, based on the answer above, does it mean the can be no lateral movement if the vertical jump is used?

As tertiary question, since this came up even without the cybernetics, how much movement can be combine with the jumping? The core book says "with a running start", but not how far. Can the player move 4 hexes then jump for up to two more, or do they get no movement and the jump is the entire move action?

Sorry if this is unclear or if I am missing something obvious.

It adds to the distance.
    "add +4 to Jumping distances," and "as well as +1 to Jumping distances".
    Both abilities explicitly include the word "distances". Which means they directly include the distance of jumping.

More generally, a "running start" is generally defined as at least 2" of in-line movement (4 yards). How many hexes that is depends upon what scale your hexes are.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X