Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obsessive nerd pores over Mega Powers List and cites every difference with SWAdE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessive nerd pores over Mega Powers List and cites every difference with SWAdE

Obsessive nerd also writes out in alphabetical table format what he's thinking of doing to update every Mega Power in his own Savage Rifts game.

Does anyone want to see it?

Am I even allowed to post it?

It's probably going to get tackled in the next set of books. I'm good with waiting.

Comment

• Jim1
      Jim1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It definitely is, Robin and the Seans have said they’re putting out a new Mega Powers List with the Kickstarter next year. Not sure when that’s going to start, maybe in the spring. Sean Bircher posted a draft of the Greater Teleport power on Facebook.

Eh, I went ahead and posted it on my Savage Rifts blog.

Comment

Here's a thing I'm wrestling with in my own head… if a caster with Master of Magic or Master Psionic casts the Mega Power version of protection, which I would assume will be called greater protection, and then expends the two extra PPE or ISP to so that it "provides Toughness instead of Armor and is not affected by AP," does the protection still count as MDC?

MDC is only ever mentioned in the Savage Rifts material in reference to armor of some sort, whether it be a creature's hide, vehicle plating, or a power. There's no such thing as MDC Toughness that I've been able to find.

I wonder how that's going to be handled in the conversion guide. Maybe a portion of the armor can be upgraded to Toughness and the remainder stays as MDC armor that can bounce the standard attacks such as laser pistols and lower-level attack spells. Or perhaps upgrading to Toughness incurs a risk of being susceptible to damage from non-MDC weapons and the player will have to weigh the consequences when casting the power.

Comment

Yes it is still MDC. You don't have to have an armor value to have Heavy Armor - Gargantuan already set that precedent.

The bigger change is that protection doesn't stack with worn armors any more - unless you pay for Toughness. That's a really big change that will make protection a less awesome and universally used power.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I, for one, thank you. im poking at a quick and dirty conversion to swade, and i just ported your work directly into mine. i added a house rule that players could not use the Heavy Damage Power Modifier. seems in keeping with the flavor to me.

Comment

• Jim1
            Jim1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad it was helpful!

My friends and I hashed out a bunch of ideas based on what we've been reading in the new 3.0 version of SWAdE, and I put together a decently-formatted PDF of my latest draft of our Mega Powers House Rules for anyone who might want to see what we're thinking: http://savagerifts.wnyrpg.com/adapta...se-rules-pt-2/

Comment

Working...
          X