Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What might Greater Teleport look like now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What might Greater Teleport look like now?

The teleport power has been significantly modified in the SWADE book. Does anyone have a prediction for how the Mega Power version, Greater Teleport, might be modified to fit with this new verion of the power?

Greater teleport just doubled the range of teleport and made it easier to take passengers.
    I'd go with 24" / 48" for the distance, base cost 2 PP.
    The Additional Recipients section is unclear. Is that +1 PP per extra passenger or is it +1 PP to affect every character within Smarts range? That last one seems pretty broken, so the intent is probably +1 per extra passenger - in which case, greater teleport could be upped to +1 per 5 extra passengers.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Maybe it will be something like the version in SPC2.

Spend extra power and minutes of concentration to cross the globe?

Comment

Or perhaps spend PP to "send" someone via Teleport, rather than accompany them?

Comment

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure that is already allowed by the Teleport Foe modifier and the rules for sending other people in the last paragraph.

It's so crazy different. Old teleport, as we all know, was that you'd declare your PPE/ISP expenditure, roll the AB Skill (or Spirit if a dragon), then a Success gets you ten inches away for every 3 PPE/ISP spent while a Raise gets you 15. Then, Greater Teleport would double that and raise the cost to 5 PPE/ISP per increment, and increase the number of passengers (who have to be in contact with the caster) to five before Fatigue sets in.

Now, this new SWAdE teleport costs 2 PPE/ISP, goes 12" on a Success or 24" with a Raise, can be used on an apparently limitless number of others at a Range of Smarts, friend or foe, with no penalty or consequence apart from spending the PPE/ISP to do it.

Now I'm wondering, given what Freemage said above, if, in fact, casters are assumed to be teleporting along with anyone on whom they've cast teleport. I was previously assuming, based on the wording, "…the caster decides where they move to…" and "…are sent up to 12" away with a success," that the caster could pop someone else closer or away while remaining stationary or perhaps teleporting somewhere else themselves.

I'm hoping that gets clarified some.

I wonder if Greater Teleport for a SWAdE version of Rifts could look sort of like this:

Power Points: 5
        Range: Smarts x 2
        Duration: Instant
        Greater Teleport extends the distance to 24" or 48" with a Raise, and targets' rolls to resist being teleported against their will are at -2.

Comment

Working...
        X