Con on the Cob 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Con on the Cob 2021

Been a while since I've been on the Forums, and thought I'd check to see who is going this year.

I'm not sure we have gotten word that it is definitely happening this year...
    - Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Comment

It is indeed on this year, though the website date, last I checked, is still set for last year. Should be Oct 7-10.

Comment

I think it would be be great if Andy sent out an update with the current status. Now is the time to think about hotel reservations and events...

I have the ticket I purchased for last year, but am still up in the air about going. For me, a lot will depend on the required precautions. I don't fancy wearing a mask all day every day, especially when running a game.
        - Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Comment

Andy did post of Facebook, but I don't think he addressed your concerns. Yeah, masks would be an issue for me as well. I've no problem wearing them when necessary, but when it comes to optional things like this, I tend to give them a pass rather than going and wearing a mask. Short term is not a problem for me, but I had to wear a mask all day when first going back to work ... I've a lot of sympathy for those who had to work through the pandemic and wear them all that time. If vaccinated, we have not had to wear masks here for some time now, and I'd kind of assumed that by October, CotC would not require them either ... but I should not assume!

Comment

For anyone who attended CotC this year - how was it?
            - Dave R

Comment

Savage Worlds events were a bit light, except at 1:00 PM on Friday, when there were four or five. :-) I didn't think one of my events would run, but it did, due to people signing up at the Con. Over all, it went really well, and was a lot of fun. I did realized too late that putting the bandits camp on the far side of a large herd of cattle was a bad idea. The middle encounter in the adventure lasted only seconds, as the players stampeded the herd over them. And their mounting a Lewis machine gun the the Chuck wagon was amusing (and deadly) as well.

John ran a Trollhunters game, which I knew nothing about beforehand, but had I a ton of fun playing it (I've been watching the series since). The guy next to me had seen the series, so I just played off what his character said and did (e.g., "Ugh ... you put that slime in your mouth? No, it doesn't matter what you say, I can't get past you putting in your mouth.") after Blinky tasted the slim trail we had found, looking for clues as to what it was or where it had come from,

Comment

Originally posted by Other Mike View Post
                I did realized too late that putting the bandits camp on the far side of a large herd of cattle was a bad idea. The middle encounter in the adventure lasted only seconds, as the players stampeded the herd over them. And their mounting a Lewis machine gun the the Chuck wagon was amusing (and deadly) as well.
                Weaponized cattle is always a high point in a game.

Celebrity Edition Chickens in the Mist went really well - 3 out of 4 horrible celebrities did not make it out of the Big Thicket.

Jeffrey...
                Left is Death!

Comment

Also, we were not in the "Savage World Room" this year due to water leaks (roof). But we did have our own area in the main gaming area. This worked out well as there were less people about - I kinda of preferred it as it was open and airy (given people were not wearing masks, it gave a bit of comfort by not being crowded in a smaller room together).

Since Other Mike is in charge next year, maybe its worth talking with Andy about keeping it out there. I do not recall how busy it gets out there, but really only the first year was bad when they did not turn off the pool heating before the Con started.
                  Jeffrey...
                  Left is Death!

Comment

Working...
                  X