Con on the Cob 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Con on the Cob 2017

Hey - the forums are back! Even though the majority of event submissions might already be done, I figured we can compare notes to see when the Savages are running their events so we can try to sign up for each other's games where possible...

Who's going? Who's running what?

I'm running three events this year:
    Thursday 2:00p - 6:00p - Samurai Jack Meets Thundarr the Barbarian - Part 1
    Friday 2:00p - 6:00p - Samurai Jack Meets Thundarr the Barbarian - Part 2
    Saturday 7:00p - 11:00p - Bureau 13 - The Boggity Bogwogler of Bodacious County (hopefully with a fellow Blob guest co-GM!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up!
    - Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

I plan on going. Just need to pick what I want to run (and get in your Thundarr games!)
    Jeffrey...
    Left is Death!

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Jeff (it's currently sinking). I need to get my games on the schedule and sign up for your Thundarr games!

Comment

Norm - what times are you thinking of running? I was thinking Friday evening and Sat Afternoon.
        Jeffrey...
        Left is Death!

Comment

I submitted two games so far (Andy said he extended the GM coins thing to September)

Friday 7pm-11pm: Weird Wars Star Wars: Hoth - Aftermath.
          Saturday 1:00 - 5:00pm: Rippers - A Night at the Museum

Weird Wars Star Wars: Hoth - Aftermath.
          The Rebel Base at Hoth is smashed, the Rebels scattered. But much can learned about the Rebellion as they had to leave in haste. A sweeper team has been assigned to comb over the remnants of the base, and your squad is there to protect them. The sweeper team finds something unusual and sends you to investigate. What will you find?

Rippers - A Night at the Museum
          Your Lodge has arranged for you to be present at a fundraiser held at London’s Natural History Museum. The main purpose of the fundraiser is to celebrate the opening of the new paleontology display, but the museum is not above attempting to solicit patronage from the cream of London society which will attend.

Your reason for attending the soirée is to recruit one Dr Richard Mitchell into your ranks of the Rippers. Dr Mitchell has traveled to every inhabited continent on earth in his search for fossils. Not only is he useful in the field, but his knowledge could prove a serious boon to Rippers due to his extensive travels.

Jeffrey...
          Left is Death!

Comment

Nice selection! Gary and Eric from the Wild Die Podcast will be there. Come say hi!
            A podcast all about the role playing game Savage Worlds by Pinnacle Entertainment Group.
            Website
            thewilddie@gmail.com

Comment

Need to get my games posted..... but know I want to run a Savage Gramma World. Think of The Golden Girls meet Scooby Doo.

Setting is from Okumarts Games, but it just lends itself so well to SW. Ran it for some friends and we had bast so I want to do it at the con.

EDIT:
              Gramma's Satanic Polka Club Sat 1200-1330 & 1700-1830 (18+)
              The gals and guys from the nursing home investigate the Satanic Swinger's Polka Club where odd happens near the nursing home happen with regular frequency. It's The Golden Girls meet Scooby Doo with irreverent humor.
              Last edited by JPKeenan007; 08-12-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Anyone up for running Some Low Life? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Comment

Lots of games are posted now (Caveman and mine I see, plus @Other Mike).
                  Jeffrey...
                  Left is Death!

Comment

I got busy and didn't make the deadline. I may just run a game or two off the grid. My oldest is probably coming and he wants to play some games together so I'm going to see if there is anything left to sign up for.

Comment

Seems feast or famine. Lots of Savage games running at the same time, lots of holes with no Savage games at all. I got into the sign up late (extremely busy until two weeks ago, and time's flown by), and many events were already full when I got on ... so I have a lot of holes in my schedule. Love to play in one of your off the grid games Norm!! Dave, put me on the waiting list for your first game Thursday if you can. :-) Tim said he didn't have time to enter any events, so he is planning on running a few games off the grid as well.

This year, my son and I made plans to travel to the Con on Wednesday night, so we will be there all of Thursday ... but I'm not signed up for anything that day. If no one is planning anything off the grid Thursday night, and there is enough interest, I can bring something. I have several things in my back pocket, but they all require more players, rather than fewer, so ...

Comment

So, this is really about the first time I've made it to the Forum since creating an account in the new one. This is a bit late, but here is a link to the CotC Savage Worlds events. Anything highlighted in red is sold out. Still, this might help anyone who is thinking or running a game off the grid (or adding an event at the con) and would like to know when players would most likely be available.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gua3dtf3n4...2017.xlsx?dl=0
                        Last edited by Other Mike; 11-04-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to CotC this weekend! Thanks for putting together that spreadsheet Mike, I've got your back for my Thursday afternoon game! I'd also be interested in any pick-up games from you, Norm, Tim or whomever during my open slots (including Thursday night)... I'll be arriving early Thursday, see everyone there!
                          - Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Comment

Was a great time. Thanks to everyone who came out for Gramma World and Trek Sector Zero.

Comment

Working...
                            X