No announcement yet.

Con On the Cob 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this rate, my events might be up in a week or two. :-) Spreadsheet updated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw0nvww0u1...2018.xlsx?dl=0

Comment

Looks like all the games in the google doc is up now.

Note - someone really needs to run something Thursday afternoon (hint hint)
      Jeffrey...
      Left is Death!

Comment

Looks like all events above, plus two more, are now up. I've updated the spreadsheet. Had to add a 4th column on Saturday.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw0nvww0u1...2018.xlsx?dl=0

At this point, it looks like no one is running anything on Thursday. If no one speaks up, I may add something.

For that matter, when are folks showing up? I plan a leisurely Wednesday evening trip, for a relaxing Thursday (rather than rushing to get their, then being tired the first day). If I add an event, it could be Thursday afternoon, or evening.
        Last edited by Other Mike; 09-22-2018, 03:41 PM. Reason: Update info.

Comment

I only live a couple of hours away, so I will come up on Thursday. A Thursday afternoon game would be awesome (I might meet up with some friends in the evening, so I am aiming to keep that free).
          Jeffrey...
          Left is Death!

Comment

• amerigoV
            amerigoV commented
            Editing a comment
            Combo of Rippers and Star Wars? It fits into the Weird War theme

Otherwise Flash Gordon might be fun.

• Other Mike
            Other Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Wrong Star Wars in this case. I've an adventure that that takes place in the "Rebels" timeframe. Hmm, I do have another Flash Gordon adventure … using a mix of my characters with the new setting. I think it's a bit much for just a few characters though.

• amerigoV
            amerigoV commented
            Editing a comment
            I am curious if this game will ever post. Might have to make it "off the grid"
            I could also run a Deadlands Noir game off the grid as well (ran it for some youngsters recently)

We'll be there again this year!
          Eric is running Wiseguys on Saturday.
          Stop by and say hi, we'll be by the putt putt course all con long!
          A podcast all about the role playing game Savage Worlds by Pinnacle Entertainment Group.
          Website
          thewilddie@gmail.com

Comment

The Yuri, the Kali and the Kids will all be there as well!!

I may have something to run, but since we are in the Special Hell (not that one!) of Moving, I am not sure what I am going to have available or be able to prepare.

Yuri

Comment

• Other Mike
              Other Mike commented
              Editing a comment
              Regardless, it will be good to see you. Still a spot open in my Ugh See Big Thing that Fly adventure, if you are interested.

Other Mike did not get a game in for Thursday afternoon. If people are up for it, I will run an off-the-grid game.

Deadlands Noir - What Little Girls are Made Of:

Dr. John Beattie is a top-notch cutter the heroes have used in the past to get patched up when thing turned messy. His sister-in-law is dying of cancer and he wants to ensure her final rest will not be disturbed by grave robbers and vandals. Dr. Beattie calls in a favor, engaging the heroes to uncover and eliminate a band of petty criminals who’ve been breaking into graves in a nearby cemetery. Can the heroes make St Louis Cemetery #3 safe?

Just meet in the Savage Worlds room around 1 to 1:30.

Otherwise, I might use that time to figure out those new Chase Rules
            Last edited by amerigoV; 11-05-2018, 12:49 PM.
            Jeffrey...
            Left is Death!

Comment

Another CotC in the books.

Thursday was checking in and catching up with some folks. Had dinner with a friend in the area - so light on the gaming.

Friday
              Take out the AT-AT by Richard Downey - It used the FFG rules. All the players were Savages . I really enjoyed the scenario - there was a famous AT-AT on parade that we had to take down for propaganda purposes. It was my second time ever playing that ruleset - I am mixed in my thoughts on it. Overall, my astromech droid 5-8 was a very interesting personality (has a bit of Assassin Droid code). We taught that AT-AT what-for!

Home is Where You Hang Your Helm by Tim Hannon. Description: The world of men has soured against you and your sister Amazons. Even now, Queen Hippolyta is in a desperate struggle to hold back the Greek forces who threaten to wipe you from the face of the earth. However, a prophecy has foretold of a promised land far beyond the edge of the world where the Amazons can make their home, now and forever. Are you brave enough to face the terrifying unknown?

I played an Archer and went all in (damn men!). A fun scenario, but probably best not to speak about how the cyclops on the island died.

Return to the Barrier Peaks by me! - This was the first game I ran - EZ 215-C has long been a mystery to us. It was first discovered 140 years ago when the JumpCorp Collector Ship (“JCCS”) Argos crash landed there while doing a survey for “interesting life forms.” Our efforts to rescue the crew proved futile — whatever mysterious forces that brought down the Argos threatened to take down any other ship that entered within its gravity well. Since that time, the whole solar system has been off limits except for a few long-range survey teams.

Professor Ixis has developed a shielding mechanism that will protect a small ship that enters into EZ 215-C’s gravity well. He has secured a number of volunteers and funding from JumpCorp Science and Research Department. There are high hopes that we can study this planet closer and see what has led to its unusual bio-diversity.

Mashup of Last Parsec and the classic D&D Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. A really good crew and the Froghemoth was terrifying. It was good to see two players that were in a game I ran last year - that was their first time playing Savage Worlds - so great to see them return for more!

Saturday

Herne's Olla by: Mike Sprague Description: There is something unusual about men who attacked your Castra. For one thing, not all of them were Celts. Your Contubernia, or what's left of it, has been tasked to track them and find out where they came from ... before they rise and attack again.

I played the F'ing New Guy who hero-worshipped Hercules. Had a grand time with that character. We might have won, but my guy was a bit confused about what was going on

Vietnam 1968 -by: Brendan Barrington - An elite special forces unit is dropped behind enemy lines on time sensitive top secret mission.
              I played the radioman - not that the radio ever worked all that much . I will not give away the secrets - but it was a harrowing adventure through the Jungle.

Weird Wars Star Wars - As the Worm Turns by me! - my second game.
              “Brothers, we are going back to planet of our first bloodying – Geonosis. The Bugs have been busy while we have been elsewhere. Its time to clean out that nest once and for all!” – Mission Briefing by Rex before the second battle of Geonosis.

Pick up your blaster and get to gunning down Bugs and Clankers in another installment of Weird Wars Star Wars!

A really good table. This was the third time I have run it this year. Each time, it was the F'ing New Guy that survived

Sunday
              I had one game, but in the end I did not play as I needed to get back to the ranch earlier (daughter's BDay party - a house full of 8 year olds with magic tricks and other games - an adventure in its own right!). From the dealers, I finally picked up Dread.

A hearty thanks to all the players that made my games run smooth and to the GMs that survived my characters

On to planning for next year!
              Jeffrey...
              Left is Death!

Comment

Working...
              X