The Original Ghostbusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Original Ghostbusters

Who remembers the original Ghostbusters TV series (or the Filmation Cartoon based on it)

Stumbled upon it this morning (the original live action, it was on youtube). Thought "Jeez how corny fun, wonder if I should Savage it" decided against it...but made me ask...

Comment

I do. At least the cartoon version (I was born just a bit too late to catch the the live-action version being on air). It used to air in the mornings along with Smurfs and Carebears (IIRC), and my brother and I would watch it before walking to school. I don't remember much about the show except that it wasn't very good. "The Real Ghostbusters" (based off the popular movie) aired later in the day, and we always considered that one to be the "serious" show.

Any particular reason you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by JmOz01 View Post
        Stumbled upon it this morning (the original live action, it was on youtube). Thought "Jeez how corny fun, wonder if I should Savage it" decided against it...but made me ask...
        It might make for a quirky, fun one-off or mini PPC. Draw up a few pregens (watch players fight over being the gorilla) and create four or five loosely related adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
          I do. At least the cartoon version (I was born just a bit too late to catch the the live-action version being on air). It used to air in the mornings along with Smurfs and Carebears (IIRC), and my brother and I would watch it before walking to school. I don't remember much about the show except that it wasn't very good. "The Real Ghostbusters" (based off the popular movie) aired later in the day, and we always considered that one to be the "serious" show.

Any particular reason you ask?
          The song from the cartoon you're talking about has always been a bit of an earworm for me (probably the best part of the show). Like I said, I stumbled on the original tv show on Youtube this morning (because woke up with the song in my head) and got me thinking.

Comment

• Deskepticon
            Deskepticon commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to look up the theme song for the cartoon because I couldn't remember it. Oh, man! Got flashbacks of sitting on the couch eating cereal off a wobbily TV dinner tray.

It is pretty catchy. "Let's Go!"

Sadly, I'm old enough to have watched the original Ghostbusters, with Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker. lol Never saw the cartoon, though.

https://youtu.be/AWzoi1cx7_U
          Last edited by EricaOdd; 09-27-2021, 03:34 AM.
          'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

In 1984 when I saw the trailer for the Ghostbusters movie I remember thinking that was nothing like the old show I watched as a kid. Where was the gorilla? Lol
            'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

Yes I remember the “Real” Ghostbusters cartoon. I keep forgetting that there was two different shows though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja-Bear View Post
                Yes I remember the “Real” Ghostbusters cartoon. I keep forgetting that there was two different shows though.
                "Real" was the other one (with the green ghost). This was the one with the possessed car. By the way nice to see ya.

Comment

Yeah I don’t remember the the car one. And yes, it’s good to see you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja-Bear View Post
                    Yeah I don’t remember the the car one. And yes, it’s good to see you too.
                    here's a link...be afraid
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXsGDX9h9jg

Comment

Working...
                    X