New Podcast: Savage Interludes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Podcast: Savage Interludes

Okay Savages! Veronica Blessing, Tracy Sizemore and I are starting a new podcast, Savage Interludes. We intend to record our first episode in the near future. Our goal is to talk about our favorite RPG from our unique perspectives. We’re looking forward to discussing rules, sharing our varied takes on play, and providing advice to folks crazy enough to ask.

If you have a topic you’d like to hear, drop it in the thread below. If you need advice, shoot us an email at [email protected].

First thing I'd like to know, what makes your perspective's unique?

Comment

Originally posted by Matchstickman View Post
      First thing I'd like to know, what makes your perspective's unique?
      Well, that's a long story.

My wife and I have been playing Savage Worlds since 2003, that after being longtime Deadlands fans (me since that came out). In 2006 we started interviewing game designers on our podcast, The Game's the Thing, which spun off the first Savage Worlds podcast, Smiling Jack's Bar & Grill.

Since 2008 I've been editing RPGs, the bulk have which have been Savage Worlds, for publishers such as Triple Ace Games, Third Eye Games, Gunmetal Games, and Pinnacle itself. I've also done a ton of consulting and light design for licensees looking to make the transition to Savage Worlds from other game systems. Today I'm the line editor for Torg Eternity, a game which definitely contributes to Savage Worlds' roots.

Tracy is a published writer, with multiple Savage Worlds adventures to her name, and she's in the process of designing her own setting, which is already getting good buzz on the con scene.

Comment

• Matchstickman
        Matchstickman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the answer, but I meant as part of the podcast!
        A podcast 0 as it were.

• PEGRon
        PEGRon commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, well that's a bit tougher to quantify. I think all people have unique perspectives. That's what I was kinda meaning when I used that turn of phrase.

I'd be game to check in if you gave a link :-)

Comment

• PEGRon
        PEGRon commented
        Editing a comment
        As soon as we've completed our first episode, there will be links aplenty!

Ron used to be part of a podcast with Christian Serrano. They definitely know their stuff as it was one of the podcasts I would listen to when I first started playing.

Comment

That being said....I look forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Blessing View Post
          Okay Savages! Veronica Blessing, Tracy Sizemore and I are starting a new podcast, Savage Interludes. We intend to record our first episode in the near future. Our goal is to talk about our favorite RPG from our unique perspectives. We’re looking forward to discussing rules, sharing our varied takes on play, and providing advice to folks crazy enough to ask.

If you have a topic you’d like to hear, drop it in the thread below. If you need advice, shoot us an email at [email protected].
          Great to hear this! I loved TGTT back in the day.

Comment

Awesome, Ron! I'm very glad to see you and Veronica diving into a new podcast!

Comment

And for those interested, we're now available on Apple Podcasts and GooglePlay.

Comment

• chadward
                chadward commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes! I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but being able to get them through my podcast feed will make it even easier to listen.
            Working...
            X