Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1865 rpg idea an European Steampunk weird setting

the following rpg idea is an original one belonging to this poster,

1865 RPG, is set in the year 1865 Europe, the Crimea War is still going strong, this is due to the fact the dead are coming back to life, an Evil Force has bin unleashed until the world again. But I can't use the Reckoners or the Red Death, so right now I stuck on that.

The Crimea War was the one that the Minie Ball was invented for it was Europe's American Civil War in so many ways it was in our world a Meat Grinder,

So of you might mention Castle Falkenstein RPG or Victoriana RPG, Two more things First off in America the Civil War hasn't happened yet, and the Indian Mutiny has it happened?,

This idea for this RPG is about Deadland fans asking about Europe, so the players are Gutter Runners in this Steampunk Weird setting in Europe.

Is Pinnacle interested?,

LW

I think most of your answers can be found here. It is my understanding that the PEG personnel do not look for product ideas in the forums but rather through direct contact.
    I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Well I have to send them a idea layout and hope it doesn't sound too much like Deadlands Europe, some mighty say that I'm ripping off Castle Falkenstein RPG,

In this setting the Crimea War was to the British what Vietnam was to the USA, the News Reporters layed the dead at the door of the people, yes this setting has the Undead first appearing during this War which is one of the causes of prolong of it.

LW

Comment

I'm going to change the current year to 1866,

LW

Comment

Well officially I like to work on this setting for PEG, I think it's good idea.

LW

Comment

The idea sounds a bit like Deadlands / Weird Wars, so I don't know whether PEG would be interested in something that's already similar to an existing Intellectual Property.

I think you'd have better luck if you applied for an Ace Licence and released the setting yourself. Alternatively, the Savage World's Adventurer's Guild (aka SWAG) is another option.

In any case, Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
              The idea sounds a bit like Deadlands / Weird Wars,
              The idea sounds awesome. That's what you meant, right

lwhitehead, why hasn't the ACW happened in this setting? And why haven't the Indians revolted with the British tied up in Crimea, probably demanding a number of Indian regiments for the fight. The mutiny may even be more successful.

Back on the subject of the ACW, if this is a project for personal rather than commercial use, what do you lose by tying it back to Deadlands? Then there's no reason you can't use the Reckoners. Otherwise, just call them the Four(ty?) Horsemen and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin2019 View Post
                The idea sounds awesome. That's what you meant, right
                It does sound awesome!
                But my point was that PEG might feel it skirts too close to their own IPs to put an official stamp on it.

Comment

Well for One in this Alt History setting the American Civil War hasn't happened yet, the Crimean War is sucking alot of people in, what is ACW?.

The whole idea of this setting that it happens at least Ten years before the American Civil War, this setting has more European feel towards it. I can't use the Reckoners or the Twlight Legion ether.

LW

Comment

I don't see why you're having the ACW (American Civil War not happen. The Crimean War would is on another continent or are there butterfly effects from the Crimea that have effects in the Americas?

Comment

The Butterfly effect as you say is that fact that this war is sucking manpower in, One of the problems and I can see from PEG POV is that it's feels like Deadlands Europe, How the effects of the Crimea War like ACW that is stii going on like in Deadlands originally. Like in Deadlands the forces of Evil are leaning heavly towards the Russians like in Deadlands like how CSA seemed to have Evil help in some areas.

If I have the dead soliders coming back to unlife during the battles of War it would smack too much of Deadlands.

LW

Comment

It's been two years since your last post on this topic and over four years since you originally pitched the idea. Do you have a rough draft on this setting yet? Or should I check back in another two years?

Comment

Working...
                        X