What is the best setting for 1 on 1 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best setting for 1 on 1 games

Just curious what savage settings y'all find to be the most fun for 1 on 1 roleplaying, really simple.

Most of them you can probably make work for only one player. You give your player a sidekick type NPC and you'll be golden. I ran Solomon Kane for years with two players and it worked fine. Rippers would work well with only one player too. Especially if your player enjoys investigation heavy adventures. A supers game would also work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocule View Post
      Just curious what savage settings y'all find to be the most fun for 1 on 1 roleplaying, really simple.
      All of them, really.
      I usually run a set up where the player gets Allies (Merry Men, bodyguards, an entourage, super SWAT, squad of soldiers, apprentice Rippers, scavenger crew, etc.) for most encounters, allowing for combat support and RP interactions. Sometimes we go with a Sidekick character instead, basically letting the player run two characters. Either way, it provides enough back up to survive the chaos of Acing dice rolls and enough hands to try and be clever in solving problems (including tactical problems).

There aren't really any Savage settings that set up that dynamic better than the others. Just pick the setting that gets you and your player excited, and get to playing.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
      X