Metal Dice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Dice?

Have any of you purchased metal dice, specifically from "Norse Foundry"? If so, what is your opinion?

I've purchased metal dice, and found them to generally be a novelty. They're heavy enough that they damage most rolling surfaces - or at least seem like they're causing damage - and they require more force to roll properly (high inertia). Also, any minor damage makes them virtually useless.

I haven't purchased from Norse Foundry, though several of my friends have. They're high quality, well designed, and seem to have the usual metal dice problems.

They do have a lot of intimidating weight behind rolls - great for creeping out players when you roll.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I second that problem about damaging the table where you roll them. I saw that with my players that used them.
      Probably the only nice solution is rolling into Folding Dice Trays.
      "Balance is the key, Trapping is the word." - - Lord Lance

Proud reviser of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY

Comment

I have a set. Bought them several years ago so don't remember the brand. Really more a collectible item for me like other weird dice I've gotten just to own rather than to use. My set is smaller in size than "regular" polyhedral sets, but far heavier. The small size alone makes them impractical for me since the numbers aren't large enough for the old eyes, but the weight seems to make them more difficult to roll vs. slide. They are certainly not a good idea for use as your primary set of dice IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X