Old guy looking for a new group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old guy looking for a new group

I'm a disabled homebody and due to circumstances beyond my control, I no longer have a local group to play with or run games for. I've never played an online game before, so I've no clue how to get one started. Please assume I'm a complete newb when it comes to organizing a game online. I'm a veteran at RPGs though, and have been gamemastering since 1992. Any suggestions or help on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I may be interested in playing. Which game are you interested in, Deadlands Classic, Reloaded, or other? What kind of game style are you looking to play, a Game Master driven story, a player-driven story/sandbox, or somewhere in the middle?

As far as suggestions for organizing an online game the only addendums on top of being a Game Master you have to worry about are different time zones for different players, how the group is going to communicate (like Discord voicechat, email-chain, whatever), and if there is going to be a Virtual TableTop (VTT) used. Virtual tabletops include free programs such as Roll20 or Astral as well as paid ones such as Tabletop Simulator. I would suggest using the free ones and watching some tutorials to get the basics of them down. I can't think of anything else major that you would encounter online that you wouldn't encounter in-person. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Working...
    X